City charged by the FA following the Villa match (22nd May 2022)

Am told that United received no charges for the postponement as it was outside the ground?

Seems a bit of a side step. Yes it's outside the ground, but the actions surely affected a football game and potentially set a precedent for mard arses everywhere.

On the reverse, in our case efforts were made to identify and prosecute the fans individually, and action was taken against the club by the governing body.

As for us, guilty no question. We've all enjoyed a pitch invasion or two in our time, that time has gone. Too many unstable folk around in modern society to turn a blind eye anymore, and sooner or later one idiot will think to just buy a ticket to the game in order to take out some player, because the voices said so, because he said something on social media, because he lost or because his girlfriend told her mates once that she thinks he's fit.

Although the next media outlet that suggests their keeper was mortally wounded by a passing fan should be kicked out of our press conferences for a season.

But I think that change in approach from the authorities stinks, no wonder it leads to suggestions of bias and favouritism.
They broke in to the stadium and ended up on the pitch….how do the FA deem that as outside the stadium? Madness

Am told that United received no charges for the postponement as it was outside the ground?

Seems a bit of a side step. Yes it's outside the ground, but the actions surely affected a football game and potentially set a precedent for mard arses everywhere.

On the reverse, in our case efforts were made to identify and prosecute the fans individually, and action was taken against the club by the governing body.

As for us, guilty no question. We've all enjoyed a pitch invasion or two in our time, that time has gone. Too many unstable folk around in modern society to turn a blind eye anymore, and sooner or later one idiot will think to just buy a ticket to the game in order to take out some player, because the voices said so, because he said something on social media, because he lost or because his girlfriend told her mates once that she thinks he's fit.

Although the next media outlet that suggests their keeper was mortally wounded by a passing fan should be kicked out of our press conferences for a season.

But I think that change in approach from the authorities stinks, no wonder it leads to suggestions of bias and favouritism.
But they broke into the ground, invaded the pitch, damaged and stole equipment inside the stadium and threw smoke bombs at the Sky Sports team.

Also, while some did break into the stadium, there were also employees of United who opened some gates and allowed some fans into Old Trafford to allow all this to happen (loads of videos at the time).

The fashion police should also have made some arrests with some of the shit those Rags were wearing on the day.

But they are against the rules- like it or not. And as such they’ll take great pleasure in moving towards points deduction - the rules will be changed to allow them to do this. Only way to stop us!!

Irony is - it will be our own fans that cause our downfall
that would effect a great many teams before us including every promoted club, a points deduction could well see a team go down or not go up, plus all City would have to do is show they tried to do all they could, something that would be easy with City paying one of the the most in the league for policing.

Priti Patel says football banning orders have been strengthened as the 2022/23 season gets underway. The home secretary said that pitch invaders and Class A drug users “will feel the full force of the law”.

Patel defaulting to banning.
She looks to ban everything as a first response, often with removal of passport and driving licence.
Elle Fascista.
What's next? Spitting? Sneezing? Farting?
PS Rwanda is a safe place in other Patel news

Broke in so in theory they could support anyone. That some stewards allegedly colluded is another matter.
Yeah it they could support anyone I guess, it was clever how the majority came dressed head to toe in united gear (and zebra pants) to throw the FA off the scent of who they supported.

Yeah it they could support anyone I guess, it was clever how the majority came dressed head to toe in united gear (and zebra pants) to throw the FA off the scent of who they supported.
In the same way Liverpool fans attacking our coach, and other coaches, can't be held responsible because the incidents happened outside the ground. You and I may know who is responsible but the authorities need proof.
We sold tickets to all the pitch invaders, unless many arrived after the exit gates had been opened, so we have to answer the charge. The answer might well be that it was generally well behaved and the only people inconvenienced were the broadcasters, but we have to answer.
Oh, and Fernandinho and those who wanted to celebrated his contribution were also put out but it seems there is limited sympathy.
One of the things that pissed me off was the large number of pitch-side stewards that appeared late in the second half but appeared to offer little resistance to those invading the pitch.
Final thought: Would I see the end of season pitch invasion in a different light if my seat was in the first tier?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.