City Charging West Brom fans £56

Tbilisi said:
DarloBlue said:
It was mentioned earlier in the thread that some sort of protest would be good, i agree. if a large number of people were to stay in the concourse for the first 10 mins or so of the game then the tv cameras will show empty seats around the ground. this will raise the issue that the fans arent happy with the prices and mean people who have bought tickets already dont miss the game.

unfortunatly, nothing will change in football if the fans dont force the issue.

Correct,its a shame on us,good club WBA too.

Are you from Darlington re your Av ? I am hoping to go to Ossett on Satdi,cant afford Arsenal but my lad is going as under 16 price is ok.

you feel for the WBA fans, their tickets would be chepaer if the game were earlier in the season, bit rich of us to charge so much when we sent back arsenal tickets last year due to price.

yeah, im from darlington. havent watched them too much recently but nice to see their doing alright again. could be a good game at the weekend, two teams looking at the playoffs maybe.

will be nice if they get back to playing in darlington next year.

Surely the point should be that we are charging all fans these extortionate prices, not just the bloody away fans!!

Our forums are always full of people moaning about £50 away at Norwich etc, but atleast there is the argument that we would be a 'category A' match at almost all away grounds.

These games against Fulham, West Brom etc should be the 'cheaper' games, compared to clashes with teams of a better stature but this season this seems to have gone out of the window.

£45 v Fulham was bad enough, but £56 to see City v West Brom is not fair, and is plain profiteering.

Hi Citeh Fans. Baggies fan here. I was a regular posted on the site the chap linked (wba unofficial) and the posters on there are bang on the money.
£56 is a joke in all honesty. Without even factoring into account it will be on SKY at 8pm on a Monday. Many Albion fans won't be able to travel back down to the Midlands due to the last train leaving at around 9pm.

I've actually sent an e-mail to Man City ticketing department (included a few comments from wba unofficial). When/If I hear back I'll let you guys know what was said.

Zizou

If it was Norwich I'd say fair enough because they ripped our fans off. But to be fair to WBA they always give us a good allocation at affordable prices!

Wilf Wild 1937 said:
Pigeonho said:
How much were the arsenal tickets last season that there was a protest about?

£62 rings a bell.

Too much was made about that being a protest.

I'd have gone but for the fact that it was a Sunday 16:00 kickoff and in January I have a 6 week gap between pay packets, so couldn't afford not to be at work first thing Monday morning

Loukas said:
If it was Norwich I'd say fair enough because they ripped our fans off. But to be fair to WBA they always give us a good allocation at affordable prices!

That would be a ridiculous approach, never,ind the fact that our own fans would then be charged these extortionate prices. Football should be affordable for everyone especially for games that are against lower teams ( not cat a games).

to me how they have come to this price is baffling when they are charging Villa fans 9 quid less! They're both mid week so i cannot see how they can explain a 9 pound difference..

Spoke to my mate who's a villa fan and they've got an agreement with swansea and newcastle to charge less than 27 quid , swansea only charged students 10 pound for the game too... These price agreements are definitely the most effective way of making games affordable hence why villa easily sold these games out

The pricing is all over the place and charging that much is a joke. Makes no sense when the Sunderland adult tickets are from £18 on another midweek match. Disappointing from City.

We are not charging Baggies fans £56, as in targeting them for whatever reason.

City are charging everyone that sits in the South Stand £56. Home or away fans.

The criticism should be against City for charging that much at all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.