City Circle

So if people only got that email on thursday afternoon... i guess this was a sudden pr spin from city after someone had a letter printed in Thursdays MEN saying how they'd bought a disc and it dragged on for years and that it had now opened *without anyone hearing anything from the club telling them so and no official opening*.... then lo and behold people get emails from the club telling them so and giving an official opening! ;)

Same here, just got this email:

Dear Supporter,

We are pleased to update you that City Circle is complete*.

Your personalised disc is now a permanent fixture at the newly, expanded Etihad Stadium.

This is a historic moment for the Club as we integrate supporters into the very foundations of our newly, expanded home.

To celebrate this momentous occasion, we will be hosting a City Circle event which will take place on Thursday 24 September, from 7pm**.

Your invitation is for up to 2 people. To confirm your place(s), please RSVP by return of email no later than 5pm on Friday 4 September, stating the names of those who will be attending.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your commitment to the Club on and off the pitch.

We look forward to seeing you at the event.

Kind regards

Lisa

*There are a very small number of discs still to be installed.

**The event time and date are subject to change should they be impacted by fixtures.

Edit:
Knowing my luck, I bet my fuckin disc is one of those yet to be installed!!

So if people only got that email on thursday afternoon... i guess this was a sudden pr spin from city after someone had a letter printed in Thursdays MEN saying how they'd bought a disc and it dragged on for years and that it had now opened *without anyone hearing anything from the club telling them so and no official opening*.... then lo and behold people get emails from the club telling them so and giving an official opening! ;)

Has someone gone to MEN?

^ yep, though it's on the letters page not a big article so nowt major - looks like it made city act though.

It is NOTHING like what was envisaged! It is a small scale circle with the discs inside some of the words to Blue Moon at the entry to the CFA Bridge. Our family has two, almost next to each other. Major disappointment and a tad embarrassing to see how few were bought. I took a picture of mine when I was at the Etihad last weekend, but was underwhelmed by both the placement and the size of the entire display!

So if people only got that email on Thursday afternoon... i guess this was a sudden pr spin from city after someone had a letter printed in Thursdays MEN saying how they'd bought a disc and it dragged on for years and that it had now opened *without anyone hearing anything from the club telling them so and no official opening*.... then lo and behold people get emails from the club telling them so and giving an official opening! ;)
Well I wasn't aware of that........

Its a good thing I'm not the type to make something like this a major issue in my life like some appear to have because I'd have made some serious waves about this long before now. Yes, it hasn't been handled in the best way and what we've been given wasn't as originally advertised, but shit happens innit?

Rather than get too upset about it, I just see this whole City Circle thing exactly the same as one of my children letting me down by not doing as expected. Yes I'm disappointed, but I love them all the same and won't shy away from telling them my feelings when/if the opportunity arises. All said and done, I've got more important things to be arsed about than this tbh.

I'll just attend the ceremony and move on from this. I'm just glad its all been finally sorted before my 9 year old (who was 6 when I bought 2 of these) becomes a retired granddad!

Bought one for my son who is a long distance blue. Would be nice to know whether or not it is worth him attending. If it's a simple cutting of a ribbon by Buzzer then well .....you know !!

I spoke to the club yesterday, and there is an 'official opening' event in a few weeks. Invites have been sent...

Re: the 'missing' discs, they've not been stolen but are in fact still on order. So once they're in, it will be done and dusted!!

When I saw it the other week some of the metal ones were a bit mucky, but nothing a good polish won't sort out :-)

See you all at the party!!

Well I wasn't aware of that........

Its a good thing I'm not the type to make something like this a major issue in my life like some appear to have because I'd have made some serious waves about this long before now. Yes, it hasn't been handled in the best way and what we've been given wasn't as originally advertised, but shit happens innit?

Rather than get too upset about it, I just see this whole City Circle thing exactly the same as one of my children letting me down by not doing as expected. Yes I'm disappointed, but I love them all the same and won't shy away from telling them my feelings when/if the opportunity arises. All said and done, I've got more important things to be arsed about than this tbh.

I'll just attend the ceremony and move on from this. I'm just glad its all been finally sorted before my 9 year old (who was 6 when I bought 2 of these) becomes a retired granddad!

Have your children taken £300 off you and repeatedly fobbed off and ignored you when you quizzed them as to why they hadn't done what you'd paid them to do?

Are your children proudly telling everyone what a great new company they are and how they care about everyone involved?

Have they passed the blame from one sibling to another and back again until you are so pissed off that you just can't be arsed with it anymore?

Maybe if you'd bought 2 discs as memorials and had to wait over 2 1/2 years to get them sorted out - and then nothing like the way you'd been sold them - maybe you would be getting a bit more upset about it.

This is nothing like your children letting you down. This is a company that has charged its customers a lot of money and failed to deliver what they promised. Had we been told that we'd have to wait so long and that the discs were going where they are then I doubt they'd have been able to spell CITY with the discs let alone the words to Blue Moon.

the original idea can still be pulled off. Just lower the cost of the piece and make it from stones it might have a better reception. There is an outdoor flooring in Eurodisney or another theme park I went to made up of hundreds if not thousands of hexagonal stone tiles. Certainly these would be cheaper and can withstand the traffic. Might be a stone engraving service at the City Store. Instead of a one time installation, the uptake and build is gradual. It might take a year or two but would be a brilliant feature seen from Google Earth

Have your children taken £300 off you and repeatedly fobbed off and ignored you when you quizzed them as to why they hadn't done what you'd paid them to do?

Are your children proudly telling everyone what a great new company they are and how they care about everyone involved?

Have they passed the blame from one sibling to another and back again until you are so pissed off that you just can't be arsed with it anymore?

Maybe if you'd bought 2 discs as memorials and had to wait over 2 1/2 years to get them sorted out - and then nothing like the way you'd been sold them - maybe you would be getting a bit more upset about it.

This is nothing like your children letting you down. This is a company that has charged its customers a lot of money and failed to deliver what they promised. Had we been told that we'd have to wait so long and that the discs were going where they are then I doubt they'd have been able to spell CITY with the discs let alone the words to Blue Moon.
Bwahahahahahahahahah!!!! Lol :-)

I get your point to a degree mate, but life has shown me that stressing about things that are outside your control is pointless.

But talking about money and kids; I had loadsamoney, good looks and hair before before I got saddled with the 4 of them, but even though they continuously rinse me for all I've got I still love the bastards!!! :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.