City fans - a frightening new insight...

Bigga said:
Nowt surprises me, lately.

I've been shocked at some of the comments I've read about our players and manager by some 'fans'. Offering such stellar contributions such as "He's sh*t!", "He's clueless!". Brilliant stuff.

I cannot be bothered with the new lot, to be fair. I don't think I've read anything from worth responding to in an intellectual capacity. It's all about slagging players off. Don't get me wrong, I'm no angel in this dept., BUT I've had reason to criticise and have always hoped the said player/s improved.

At least, pre- Sheik Mansour, we regularly had topical debates about tactics, the worth of Sven et al. Now, it's about, let's get rid of him and buy "xxx". And that's pretty much it.

Well, maybe I do a disservice to the board, but these are the stand out threads around, right now.

It's just all a product of the ever increasing popularity of Bluemoon. It stands to reason, as the board grows, there will be more youngsters, more grumpy old men, more crap posts, etc. I think we're a long way from the dysfunctional but happy family Bluemoon was even two years ago, but hey ho, that's the price of progress I guess...

Although I respect Tolmie's point of view, I'm never been hot on threads like this where we lay into the younger posters. They are kids and they will say daft things. The way to educate to them is to educate them, not berate them...

BillyShears said:
It's just all a product of the ever increasing popularity of Bluemoon. It stands to reason, as the board grows, there will be more youngsters, more grumpy old men, more crap posts, etc. I think we're a long way from the dysfunctional but happy family Bluemoon was even two years ago, but hey ho, that's the price of progress I guess...

Although I respect Tolmie's point of view, I'm never been hot on threads like this where we lay into the younger posters. They are kids and they will say daft things. The way to educate to them is to educate them, not berate them...

The one thing this board has always been good at pre- Sheik Mansour, is healthy debate. Critiques, explanations, the burden of proof to be analysed.

Maybe I'm romanticising...

Hopefully, young people can contribute in such a fashion, eventually and not be mono-syllabic in their utterances. I'd like to hear a proper reasoned response from the newbies, so there's a chance to have discussion about their thoughts.

Bigga said:
BillyShears said:

The one thing this board has always been good at pre- Sheik Mansour, is healthy debate. Critiques, explanations, the burden of proof to be analysed.

Hopefully, young people can contribute in such a fashion, eventually and not be mono-syllabic in their utterances. I'd like to hear a proper reasoned response from the newbies, so there's a chance to have discussion about their thoughts.

Nah, you're not romanticising.

I see it more and more in the interactions I have with people on here, just how pissy, petty, and aggressive they can be, just because they don't agree with you. I've had my fallings out with plenty of people, so I know I'm capable of being a twat, but I find it ludicrous when you reach a point in a conversation where you say "well, lets just agree to disagree" and you get back something along the lines of "well, i've debunked every point you've made with a fact, and I've shown you I'm cleverer than you, and my cock is obviously 12 inches longer than yours, so we can agree to disagree as long as you agree I'm right."

I guess for me, the board isn't being ruined by one age group in particular - it's just now there's far more people on it, so you're much more likely to come across a **** every now and then who's both articulate, and literate, but still a ****.

Did I just go off on a tangent? Probably...I'm still sore at the number of people who keep telling me I don't like Mancini...;- )

bakerdave76 said:
just like to add my two pennies worth been going since 70/71 season i'am so lucky have seen city win things had a few arguments in the pub's on clearmont road lord lion gardeners etc but used to sort it out in the pub's have a pint shake hand's for fcuk sake we are all blues we p*ss in the same pot but now we have all these kids who are brought up on facebook myspace so they think they can say what the fcuk they want too i love city also love the young one's who support or club let's all chill ffs we are still 5'th

Dave you hooligan.....hope you are behaving these days!? LOL

Most people around my age have their first memories of City when they were under Keegan in the Promotion season, I had my first season ticket that year and have had one ever since, my dad has been going since the sixties, just because I have happened to only register on this particular board recently doesn't mean I love prawn sandwiches and had a poster of Lampard on my wall 3 years ago.

BillyShears said:
Bigga said:

Nah, you're not romanticising.

I see it more and more in the interactions I have with people on here, just how pissy, petty, and aggressive they can be, just because they don't agree with you. I've had my fallings out with plenty of people, so I know I'm capable of being a twat, but I find it ludicrous when you reach a point in a conversation where you say "well, lets just agree to disagree" and you get back something along the lines of "well, i've debunked every point you've made with a fact, and I've shown you I'm cleverer than you, and my cock is obviously 12 inches longer than yours, so we can agree to disagree as long as you agree I'm right."

I guess for me, the board isn't being ruined by one age group in particular - it's just now there's far more people on it, so you're much more likely to come across a **** every now and then who's both articulate, and literate, but still a ****.

Did I just go off on a tangent? Probably...I'm still sore at the number of people who keep telling me I don't like Mancini...;- )

I'll be the first to concede, Billy...my cock is probably only about five inches bigger than yours!!

Think my original post may have got lost in translation somewhere - the more fans, youngsters, the better as far as I'm concerned.

What I have become increasingly concerned about, is those who think everything can be solved by our cash - it just can't.

I want success now, obviously, but not about to throw my toys out of the pram, or at the expense of my identity as a City fan.

I want 100,000 watching us every week, I want us to be feared.

My only reason for posting is those City fans who for whatever reason, whether newbies or what, decide we have no history, or even worse, it means fook all.

At the very least, if one of the younger lads wants to offer opinions, don't discount how relevant our past has been to somebody else on here.

Sky Blue said:
bakerdave76 said:
just like to add my two pennies worth been going since 70/71 season i'am so lucky have seen city win things had a few arguments in the pub's on clearmont road lord lion gardeners etc but used to sort it out in the pub's have a pint shake hand's for fcuk sake we are all blues we p*ss in the same pot but now we have all these kids who are brought up on facebook myspace so they think they can say what the fcuk they want too i love city also love the young one's who support or club let's all chill ffs we are still 5'th

Dave you hooligan.....hope you are behaving these days!? LOL
i'am alway's behaving ask caroline!

I will admit I know nothing of Colin Bell or even Georgi Kinkladze. But I want to know about them to be honest. I envy those of you who have seen the bad times (not that I envy you having seen bad times but that you have seen this club progress). Only recently have I even fallen in love with Football let alone City. As such I have tried to stay away from posts as you are talking about.

I respect the past because it is where this club came from and all I can do is read about it. Not feel the passion in someones voice when they speak of the likes of Colin Bell or Maine Road. I will in all liklihood never gain the same appreciation for them as the lot of you have but I will admire it and envy you for having seen them.

I have never even been to a game, since living in Canada kind of makes that hard, so I well and truly think you lot have it great for the most part. I hope to be able to make it to a game one day in the near future (being next two - three years). So I don't know about others but as for myself I love the history of this club not just because reading it is interesting but because it is part of the club that I now love.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.