City Fans Leaving Early/Empty seats

The only time we left the kippax early in the 70& 80s was for a fight in st Eddies car park

Haha... I only left one match early. A Derby around 77-78, we were 3-0 down at half time... so a load of us left and waited on the forecourt.

Not going through 14 pages, but as a stayer I was pissed off by the journey time after this game due to the serial early leavers staying to the end then blocking the roads up with cars that would usually have gone.

Note to the serial leavers: Can you all revert to leaving early please so that the stayers can get home at a reasonable time??

;-)

It's a difference of an over an hour in the car or 20 min. Today I stayed but would rather have gone

Sounds like a problem with your parking choice mate !

Still, all the rich types in the paid car parks make my full time exit that much easier, thanks

I've always thought fans that live further away are most likely to stay. makes no difference to us whether I takes 3 1/2 hours or 4 hours to get home. I would guess most of the early leavers at fans that are closer and go every week fans whose time getting home goes from 1/2 hour to an hour. Don't get it myself but can't see it changing.
full marks to them though for getting here at all. I can say hand on heart I wouldn't drive up from the south coast every week to watch a game.

When I had to live in Kent due to work in the late eighties I used to set off from Dover at about 7am and get back close to midnight or later for a home game. I had to rush back to Piccadilly after every game because we had group travel booked on a set train with the London supporter's club. If you missed that train your ticket was invalid. I can't remember the time of the train we caught now but it didn't leave a lot of time to make it.

As Bill says I doubt I could or would do it now nearly thirty years later but who knows? If I wasn't restricted to a set time I would have taken my time as I knew I had a good 5-7 hours journey ahead of me and my night was wiped out so therefore I would be in no rush.

When I had to live in Kent due to work in the late eighties I used to set off from Dover at about 7am and get back close to midnight or later for a home game. I had to rush back to Piccadilly after every game because we had group travel booked on a set train with the London supporter's club. If you missed that train your ticket was invalid. I can't remember the time of the train we caught now but it didn't leave a lot of time to make it.

As Bill says I doubt I could or would do it now nearly thirty years later but who knows? If I wasn't restricted to a set time I would have taken my time as I knew I had a good 5-7 hours journey ahead of me and my night was wiped out so therefore I would be in no rush.
Fucking part time supporter.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.