City Fans V Bayern Fans

not a chance we will outsing them, the champions league crowd is completley different from the average prem going crowd, even cup crowd. I went against madrid and was surrounded by tourists and people who were only there to see madrid, same with most of the games

Weve had games agianst napoli, bayern and madrid and the atmosphere has been imo pretty shit considering we are in the champs league in all of them

jrb said:
Looking for ward to the chants and atmosphere.

Last time they were stuck in the 3rd tier. This time they will be in the away end. Probably won't be much loved lost after the FFPR/money comments by Karl-Heinz Rummenigge and Mr Tax man himself, Uli Hoeness. Not to mention being the Manchester United of German football. ;-)

Hopefully the night won't be Dortmund-esc, where we took a mighty beating on the terraces support wise. :-(

Bayern has very good away fans...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPYRbZ4Pi2c[/youtube]

That is from the Supercup against Chelsea...

I like the last of the videos of that user most as I like the footballers celebrating with the fans - but the next videos of him are from during the match...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72QnmNhv8e0[/youtube]

In Prague they were loud during all of the match. And against Arsenal there was only one set of fans singing - it was not the Arsenal fans...

Bayern fans singing "Football is coming home" against Arsenal...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxX6_CkZhl0[/youtube]

jrb said:
davymcfc said:
jrb said:
Regardless of the dog shit performance, which wasn't that bad tbh, their fans just f***ing kept on singing, one song after another, for 90 minutes.

We couldn't get going. And when we did, it felt pointless. They just wore our already poor support in comparison.
They did have decent support there is no denying that I just think that so far in the champions league we have started really slowly and the atmosphere has suffered because of that. One could argue that the fans should raise the players but that doesn't happen often any more.

Personally I believe the best fans to visit eastlands were poznan(huge numbers), aaris and napoli.

Agree about the slow start.

We always seem to be on the back foot and behind before the team and the fans get going. It would make a nice change to take the lead for once.

As for Poznan. 1000's of Poles who didn't support Poznan turned up that night. They just wanted to watch a Polish team.
I think the same went for the villareal fans. They were immense...all seven of them.

Nothing you can do against an army of fans that love to sing and back their team with unity and great chants. Let's hope the team can at least quieten them down a little. I expect it to be Just like Dortmund only a sea of fucking red instead of yellow.

From the Colonies!

The Seattle Sounders are creating a real buzz in the States for their support. That is a 68,000 seater stadium in the middle of downtown. And, they have "The March To The Match" from numerous locations around town.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tru5wirQfyU[/youtube]

Or, if you want to see something ridiculous, even the AWAY TEM'S PLAYERS get into this one...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tODlPxhbGF8[/youtube]

Not many prawn sandwiches in that crowd!!

jrb said:
Personally I thought the Dortmund fans were the best. Not the loudest, but they sang non-stop and it gradually wore our support down to the point where we stopped singing. It was a constant din.

For the colour and passion Aris were the best. Amazing support.

Poznan were great as well. Plenty of variety and bouncing.

The best goal celebration was Napoli. When they scored I've never seen fans go so mental.

PSG and Ajax were just c***s. Nothing more than looking for trouble and giving in the big one for most of the match.

Madrid's support was dreadful. How their players get motivated by that kind of away support God only knows.

Just my take on our CL away fans so far.
We did play PSG in the europa though back in 2008.

What's this about taking a scarf of the opponents rivals with you and keeping it in your pocket, what the fuck is anyone going to get out of that?? You're all slating our support, well get behind the boys in blue then instead of sinking to the level of hundreds of raggy cunts around the country,

Last time we played them I spend the whole game convinced the third tier was going to fall on my head

The whole stand was bouncing up and down

german ultras are organized and singing is as important for them as the match itself. You can´t match with them unless you have the same attitude towards the game and the same form of organization. And maybe it is not the worst thing to stick to your own tradition of support.

I think this game will be fantastic. Both teams won the first game and can gain superiority by winning this one....

Atmosphere should be good and I expect a 3-2 result either way.

blue underpants said:
Nobody will ever come close to those mad Greeks
We went to the first game at their place and the atmosphere was unbelievable we're usually pretty vocal when abroad but difficult to sing when you can't hear the bloke next to you them Greeks were well organised on the singing front,that said I was amazed at the numbers turning up at our place,

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.