City Fans V Bayern Fans

bellbuzzer said:
rick773 said:
Their songs were boring and I've never heard so many people sound monotone at the same time , the drum sucked. They looked cool sometimes , but it never seems like the continental euros everyone on the Internet loves so much are having a good time.

Ill take the old man behind me calling fernandinho a **** even when yaya fucked up 10 times out of ten over some overrated 4th reich training exercise.

anyone hoping for a decent atmosphere at the Etihad should keep this post in mind, and weep

Why? He's absolutely spot on, it was the same at Dortmund last year - the non-stop noise just becomes background fluff after a few minutes. There's no spontaneity and it never seems related to what's happening on the pitch either.

Maybe if we'd played them off the park like we did the rags, then maybe their fans would have been quieter, and we would have been noisier. Yes, we do need to generate a better atmosphere, but the players didn't give us much to cheer about last night.

Aledo said:
Maybe if we'd played them off the park like we did the rags, then maybe their fans would have been quieter

No, they would have sung and jumped like that even if their team was loosing ... no doubt about that

mcfc1894 said:
how anyone thinks that is a good way of 'supporting' a team is beyond me. 2 people at the front telling the rest what to sing. two people who are not even watching the game!! how the fuck do they know what's going off. I prefer our atmosphere, the type that involves watching the actual game and getting excited at certain aspects of the game. it seemed like ages for them to realise that the first went in because the knob heads were too busy watching the knob in the white tshirt telling them what to sing. not once did they clap a tackle. if one of our players put in a challenge like lahm did on navas, everyone in the stadium would of been up applauding and then sing a song about that player. they don't give a toss about the players or whats going on out on the pitch, they just give a toss about watching two numptys telling them what to sing and listening out for a drummer, whilst singing the same song over and over and over and over again. I'd get bored really easily if I was in a section like that everyweek. give me an un orchestrated atmosphere anyday of the week. give me people getting passionate about the game, singing and cheering when things happen out on the pitch. not that bollocks they did.

^ This all day long.

lancs blue said:
bellbuzzer said:
rick773 said:
Their songs were boring and I've never heard so many people sound monotone at the same time , the drum sucked. They looked cool sometimes , but it never seems like the continental euros everyone on the Internet loves so much are having a good time.

Ill take the old man behind me calling fernandinho a **** even when yaya fucked up 10 times out of ten over some overrated 4th reich training exercise.

anyone hoping for a decent atmosphere at the Etihad should keep this post in mind, and weep

Why? He's absolutely spot on, it was the same at Dortmund last year - the non-stop noise just becomes background fluff after a few minutes. There's no spontaneity and it never seems related to what's happening on the pitch either.

Couldn't agree more !! orchestrated crap it just noise for the sake of it, the best atmosphere by away fans was Leeds by a million miles raw and natural passion for your team.

failsworthblueboy said:
lancs blue said:
bellbuzzer said:

Couldn't agree more !! orchestrated crap it just noise for the sake of it, the best atmosphere by away fans was Leeds by a million miles for more, raw and natural passion for your team.

I agree, orchestrated support gets very boring after 15 minutes, but it's still better than silent terraces

We don't seem to be able to get behind the team in the right moments ... we put on a good singing just when we are in winning position while we should do it to lift the players when they are playing bad or in a match loosing position ... I was in 110 last night and it was f hard to get songs going .. tried myself few times but not much luck tbh... even my mates standing around me were silents, i had to tell them a couple of times ... "c'mon guys"...

The German fans are there representing their own Club, which attaches itself to the Football Club.

We are there mostly for the Entertainment/Social side of the Event, expecting to be entertained and involved in socializing on the concourse and in Pubs.

An example:

An idea arose on Bluemoon to form an Ultras type of fan movement, starting at an EDS match.
What happened was one group formed on the night, consisting of many young Lads who had never met before, standing next to each other and singing.

Another group formed, consisting of lads who came together, all knew each other previously, and got drunk whilst starting Mosh pits in the ground, resulting in arguments etc amongst each other.
They were all dressed in stone island Hooligan type clothing, the new group wearing Sky Blue clothing, with scarves etc...

A full example of Football fan culture over here, heavily influenced by Hooligan Hollywood movies, part funded by Designer clothing brands made in Taiwanese factories... oh and Breweries.

The way forward is for this Ultras movement to start when EDS matches start at the new Mini Stadium at Etihad Campus.
The tickets are a lot cheaper.
If the right people got on board and utilized the right ideas which have been effective across Europe for awhile now, this would work as the organisation of it all forms in the small stadium, cheap tickets and smaller crowds.

Once organised, then it can move into the big stadium. :)

Ongoing droning away support like that always kills the atmosphere amongst city fans because no songs drift from 111 to south stand, or vice versa. Many times last night two city songs were going on at once, neither side were aware and the rest of the ground didn't join in with the muddled noise.

As always, pulling the two singing ends together will give the ground one voice and songs will catch on around the ground more.

That's why we get these threads every time we play these bouncing euro clowns.

Say what you like about these European fans , either way, they make us look pathetic . Standing there in silence is about as poor as it gets .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.