City launch legal action against the Premier League

It's a notch above other social media for us because it's a City supporting echo chamber for the most part. As you say, stray out of the City "safe zone", and it quickly becomes apparent that people here have more opinions than IQ as well for the most part.

Not knocking Bluemoon or the rest of social media, or the people on here, btw, it's just life.
The same goes for an Independant Panel.
I'm not sure that any Gov that allows negative value black holes in its budget is more competent to judge how profit is obtained in the alternative budget world.

I think mostly you can believe whats said on here, barring political forum;-), as most of us are on the same side and are looking for advice and opinions on different forums. Different points of view add to how we all get a fans perspective of what City are doing.

I would suggest bar some notable posters here’s as reliable as other forums such as Red Cafe and RAWK.

Just majority of posters see us as undoubtedly innocent as they see us as undoubtedly guilty.

You can find good posters on here who try and be impartial (think there may still be some blue bias), whereas the others seem completely the other way.

I do think we are interested (or some of us) in the
detail, whereas others will only be interested in the detail afterwards.

Stefan is obviously excellent and probably above any other knowledge you will get without connections.

Which is why I believe opposing will go from your being relegated 115 to you only got off because the bar is too high.

If you tell them the bar is too high now they will have no interest or even know what you mean, they will only want to read the detail to know why we escaped majority of charges.

In reality we’ll never know fully what went on, but neither do opposing fans!!

Are we talking about the club's claim against the PL here? I don't see anything particularly serious about any of it. If certain parts of the APT rules are found to be incompatible with competition law, they will be amended. If the club has incurred losses as a result, they can claim damages. If the rules are compatible with competition law, they will stay.

That's it. There will be no charges of bringing the game into disrepute for challenging the legality of certain rules.

All imho, of course.
This is true. I would compare what City are doing to the action the club took when Alan Ball asked the European commission if limit of two non-UK nationals in a PL team was enforceable. The rule had to be changed because it limited freedom of movement. In the present case there can be no question of bringing the game into disrepute by forcing the PL to ensure that its rules conform to the law of the land IF the commission finds in our favour.

In the present case there can be no question of bringing the game into disrepute by forcing the PL to ensure that its rules conform to the law of the land IF the commission finds in our favour.

..... or even if the tribunal finds in favour of the PL, imo (which is frequently bollocks to be fair :) ).

Are we talking about the club's claim against the PL here? I don't see anything particularly serious about any of it. If certain parts of the APT rules are found to be incompatible with competition law, they will be amended. If the club has incurred losses as a result, they can claim damages. If the rules are compatible with competition law, they will stay.

That's it. There will be no charges of bringing the game into disrepute for challenging the legality of certain rules.

All imho, of course.
And you are 100% right if it was the only charge that City were suing over, we could have just gone to the appropriate governing body and got their opinion, we probably have? But the other charges are far more damaging, we have effectively told the PL there is a cartel in their mists, and that cartel is racist/ anti Muslim.
The Tyranny of the Majority, is a very very polite way of saying it.

And you are 100% right if it was the only charge that City were suing over, we could have just gone to the appropriate governing body and got their opinion, we probably have? But the other charges are far more damaging, we have effectively told the PL there is a cartel in their mists, and that cartel is racist/ anti Muslim.

The club couldn't go anywhere other than a PL tribunal under the rules, at least in the first instance.

I really don't think you can say that the club's allegations are that there is a racist, anti-Muslim cartel in the PL, actually or effectively. That's pretty hyperbolic.

And, to me, the "tyranny of the majority" is just an intellectual way of saying there is no protection within the PL rules to stop the majority of clubs (that vote) introducing rules that directly impact a (any) minority, which is what happened in this case: APT rules impose onerous and unnecessary rules on clubs with a Middle Eastern business model in a discriminatory manner in a way that damages their commercial position. It's as simple as that, I think.

If it was all done behind closed doors, i.e secretly, then we could have accused them of anything at all, and we still wouldn't be bringing th game into disrepute. Because nobody would know.

Unless it was leaked. So surely whoever leaked it, brought the game into disrepute.

The club couldn't go anywhere other than a PL tribunal under the rules, at least in the first instance.

I really don't think you can say that the club's allegations are that there is a racist, anti-Muslim cartel in the PL, actually or effectively. That's pretty hyperbolic.

And, to me, the "tyranny of the majority" is just an intellectual way of saying there is no protection within the PL rules to stop the majority of clubs (that vote) introducing rules that directly impact a (any) minority, which is what happened in this case: APT rules impose onerous and unnecessary rules on clubs with a Middle Eastern business model in a discriminatory manner in a way that damages their commercial position. It's as simple as that, I think.

Wikipedia gives the perfect explanation & yet every media commentator described it as democratic rather than unethical collusion.

The tyranny of the majority (or tyranny of the masses) is an inherent weakness to majority rule in which the majority of an electorate pursues exclusively its own objectives at the expense of those of the minority factions.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.