City Matters thread

Probably because they can make more money from home tickets! In any case, how easy was it for a Galatasaray fan to get a ticket for last week's match at Old Trafford? I'm guessing that if they coughed up an initial £35 or so for a membership then that would give them some kind of chance to access tickets. It also wouldn't have helped that United have had an indifferent start to the season meaning demand would've been lower amongst home fans which in itself creates a vacuum for the Galatasary fans to take up the slack. Anyway, the point is that there's no need for City to indulge in profiteering from away tickets because what they can make is a literal drop in the ocean compared to the overall turnover. Plus they risk pissing off a significant section of our most loyal fans into the bargain.
That section of loyal fans will be the people they will wish they hadn’t pissed off when the time comes that results aren’t quite what they’ve been recently.

For such a forward thinking organisation in so many areas, the short sightedness of ticketing and supporter relations is just baffling.

His explanations and other replies make for interesting reading, I wonder if the club really care

His explanations and other replies make for interesting reading, I wonder if the club really care

We know there are issues with ticket allocations for United away but they're still on sale and projected to sell out at a slightly lower bracket than I expected. Unless I'm mistaken, I was closer - in terms of points brackets - to not getting one last season than this time round. Like I say, I could be wrong on that but there are 4 more points brackets after mine this season when I'm sure last season it was more like 2 or 3.

Can anyone recall how many points it sold out at last season? @Corky - you're normally the go to person for this kind of question

We know there are issues with ticket allocations for United away but they're still on sale and projected to sell out at a slightly lower bracket than I expected. Unless I'm mistaken, I was closer - in terms of points brackets - to not getting one last season than this time round. Like I say, I could be wrong on that but there are 4 more points brackets after mine this season when I'm sure last season it was more like 2 or 3.

Can anyone recall how many points it sold out at last season? @Corky - you're normally the go to person for this kind of question
We had 150 less tickets last year and it sold out in my window which I assume would have been 23,000 or 22,500. I've just got mine for this season now and there are 150 left at 16:12.

quite clear city are reselling them on towards 3rd party sites etc.
Nothing can be done about it sadly and it'll only get worse, old trafford is a shithole anyway.

We had 150 less tickets last year and it sold out in my window which I assume would have been 23,000 or 22,500. I've just got mine for this season now and there are 150 left at 16:12.
Thanks. Just done some more digging. We got 2947 tickets last year as opposed to 3008 this year so only 61 more this year. Here's the criteria from last year:

26,000Wednesday 14th December9am
25,000Wednesday 14th December12pm
24,000Wednesday 14th December3pm
23,000Thursday 15th December9am
22,000Thursday 15th December12pm

I was in the 23,000 points bracket and I think it made it to 22,000. There's a chance it makes it to 22,000 this time round so although we've all been losing ground in recent seasons, when you add in the extra points we all got in the summer for renewing our seasoncards, etc, it could be argued that we haven't lost any ground this time round. I've got over 24500 points now and there are 4 brackets below me (not guaranteed that it gets to all 4 of course), yet last season there was only 1 bracket below me. Of course, the 500 point drops this time as opposed to 1000 point drops last time out help in that sense but,even so,I was surprised how many were left when I got mine this morning.

It looks like this guy wasn’t quick enough with sorting the pull through ticket for his lad. I assume the pull through allocation had gone. Maybe he’s trying to use social media to put pressure on City to find another ticket. I’ve no idea.

I’m not sure it’s fair for very high points holders to get 2 tickets each but that’s the system so I’ve no complaints.

His 3rd ticket i assume is through the junior pull through I'm fairly certain they have reduced this pot this season to 5% - it's never been clear what this is in previous years.

It looks like this guy wasn’t quick enough with sorting the pull through ticket for his lad. I assume the pull through allocation had gone. Maybe he’s trying to use social media to put pressure on City to find another ticket. I’ve no idea.

I’m not sure it’s fair for very high points holders to get 2 tickets each but that’s the system so I’ve no complaints.
I think the point he is making is that he was always in the 1st window (and could get a pull through) and this year he is in the 2nd window and he can't work out why he is now in a different window when nothing has changed.

I think the point he is making is that he was always in the 1st window (and could get a pull through) and this year he is in the 2nd window and he can't work out why he is now in a different window when nothing has changed.
Thanks for the info.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.