City Matters thread

The Club are obsessed with data like this, as it tells them who has attended, used ticket transfer, ticket exchange or not used their ticket at all. According to the Club, 16,000 season ticket holders didn't attend the Burnley match at home last season. As a result, they can work out whether they need to promote the transfer and exchange platforms, or in the case of no shows, implement rules such as the need to attend (or list/exchange) 14 matches to retain a season card bar mitigating circumstances.
Do they know it’s this figure because either the season card wasn’t activated on match day or the cards were listed on the exchange? Attendance was just over 53k so most seats taken. Find it hard to believe that so many didn’t attend despite it being midweek in January but I assume the club would be delighted to increase revenue by reselling at a higher price. The data they should be obsessed with is how many local fans they have priced out, how can the next generation of fans afford to watch and how many current fans are they pissing off by not engaging.

Do they know it’s this figure because either the season card wasn’t activated on match day or the cards were listed on the exchange? Attendance was just over 53k so most seats taken. Find it hard to believe that so many didn’t attend despite it being midweek in January but I assume the club would be delighted to increase revenue by reselling at a higher price. The data they should be obsessed with is how many local fans they have priced out, how can the next generation of fans afford to watch and how many current fans are they pissing off by not engaging.

Pretty sure the attendance would include all season ticket holders, whether they came, put it on the exchange or didn’t bother with either.

Got the Club email email about applying to join City Matters. Clicked the link out of curiosity.

Apparently, before applying, it's vital the club know:-
your ethnicity,
your sexual preference,
your non-binary status,
your disability,

Yeah - not a tick box exercise - no Sirree.
At this point in any survey I always give up.

Black, White, Asian, Oriental?

Homosexual, Heterosexual, Metrosexual?

Christian, Muslim, Hindu, Jew?

For each option in each group, my question is always the same. Which sub-group would you treat better?

The only possible answer is "We'd treat everyone the same."

So why the fuck are they wasting everybody's time with these stupid fucking surveys?

That is shocking!
I’m not surprised there’s a lot of season ticket holders who are only interested in maybe 7 games a season. They pay for it so are entitled to do as they wish.

Unfortunately due to games such as Burnley it will be the clubs excuse as to why they don’t want to boost SC’s sold.

I do think and it’s only my opinion but the club will start taking the approach of our shit neighbours with tickets gradually but it will happen and those who pick and choose games may be the ones who suffer.

Be interesting if Alex could attain figures from the club over how many season tickets are cancelled due to them not meeting the games used threshold? I know Arsenal published something similar.

I’ll got to every game do I blame people for avoiding Burnley and midweeks games not at all, unfortunately due to the empty seat jibe and the club doing its best to have a better image I think we can expect tougher ticket processes in the future.

Theres a degree of apathy and expectancy at times which I don’t like, we never used to have. Then again the footballs a bit better now :)

I’m not surprised there’s a lot of season ticket holders who are only interested in maybe 7 games a season. They pay for it so are entitled to do as they wish.

Unfortunately due to games such as Burnley it will be the clubs excuse as to why they don’t want to boost SC’s sold.

I do think and it’s only my opinion but the club will start taking the approach of our shit neighbours with tickets gradually but it will happen and those who pick and choose games may be the ones who suffer.

Be interesting if Alex could attain figures from the club over how many season tickets are cancelled due to them not meeting the games used threshold? I know Arsenal published something similar.

I’ll got to every game do I blame people for avoiding Burnley and midweeks games not at all, unfortunately due to the empty seat jibe and the club doing its best to have a better image I think we can expect tougher ticket processes in the future.

Theres a degree of apathy and expectancy at times which I don’t like, we never used to have. Then again the footballs a bit better now :)
Just looked it up. Game was Wednesday 31st January 2024.

Midweek, unattractive opponent, January. It really is the worst case scenario.

Even so, 16000 out of 36000 is ~44%.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.