City to axe Mancini

bluejean1 said:
Personally I don't think this is the answer. Sacking Mancini at this stage wouldn't be a help at all. City have a history of sacking managers after a brief period of time, the most successful clubs tend to keep their managers for quite a time and give them a chance, Mancini hasn't had long enough. I don't care about Man U, Liverpool and any other club in the world, City is my club and has been foir over 50 years - I only care about them. There does appear to be some problems within the clun and they do need to get sorted out. The newspapers are full of details of the drinking culture with some of the players and there does seem to be a dicipline problem there, is that because there are so many prima donnas with the players, they are on so much money they think they can do what they want. I don't know what the answer is but I don;t think sacking Mancini is the answer.

Not disgreeing with the overall message here, but it does wind me up when this line gets peddled in the media. The whole reason these managers stay a long time is because they are successful - its not the other way round. The dont become successful because of the passage of time itself. If all 20 clubs in the division kept their managers for 20 years would it make them all a success? Its a ridiculous argument.

Anyway, yeah, lets keep him (not sure Frank Rijkard is the answer).

Problem we have at the moment is, in 1 year we've just been treading water due to sacking Hughes - Hughes got rid of Sven's players (when he had the money to do so) and bought a new team which he didn't have time to mould.
Now Mancini has got rid of Hughes's players and bought a new team will we give him time to mould it? WE BLOODY SHOULD DO!!!!!!

Ducado said:
If you do a Google news search for Frank Rijkard you will see he is being linked with loads of teams even the Iranian national team!

Shit, we better be quick then ;-)

I'm not 100% behind Mancini but I think we should at least keep him for now and see what happens, no one knows for sure if he has 'lost the Dressing Room' as is reported.

I'm not sure Rijkaard or O'Neill are the answer, imo only Guardiola or Mourinho would be able to manage our so called Egos and theres next to no chance of us getting either of them in the near future so who else is out there, So we should at least stick with Bobby (For now anyway).

chesterbells said:
bluejean1 said:
Personally I don't think this is the answer. Sacking Mancini at this stage wouldn't be a help at all. City have a history of sacking managers after a brief period of time, the most successful clubs tend to keep their managers for quite a time and give them a chance, Mancini hasn't had long enough. I don't care about Man U, Liverpool and any other club in the world, City is my club and has been foir over 50 years - I only care about them. There does appear to be some problems within the clun and they do need to get sorted out. The newspapers are full of details of the drinking culture with some of the players and there does seem to be a dicipline problem there, is that because there are so many prima donnas with the players, they are on so much money they think they can do what they want. I don't know what the answer is but I don;t think sacking Mancini is the answer.

Not disgreeing with the overall message here, but it does wind me up when this line gets peddled in the media. The whole reason these managers stay a long time is because they are successful - its not the other way round. The dont become successful because of the passage of time itself. If all 20 clubs in the division kept their managers for 20 years would it make them all a success? Its a ridiculous argument.

Fergie was given 4 years before he won anything, Everton have given Moyes 7 years, Wenger has been given 5 years since last winning anything. I'd rather we chose our manager and stuck with him irrespective of the blips along the way. In the long term its better for your club.

Arsenal are finally beginning to see the fruits of long term planning that having the same manager can bring and Moyes, despite not having won anything is recognised as having built a good team with very limited resources.

Yes the money we've spent maybe does demand more instant success but any manager needs two years at least to instil his ethos on the club. Also, when a manager is in a strong position it gives him strength in the dressing room.

If any players who don't like the manager sense weakness in a managers position invariably they will do things to undermine the managers position. If they know the managers position is rock solid then they see no merit in playing up. It totally changes the dynamics.

Ducado said:
If you do a Google news search for Frank Rijkard you will see he is being linked with loads of teams even the Iranian national team!

Yeah, his agent is obviously putting in a bit of overtime ;)

I think we should stick with RM, but the 'giving time' argument, I mean not all managers need that much time do they?

Honest 'Arry had a pretty quick impact didnt he? and even taggart got the rags a 2nd place finish after only having 6 months in charge the season before (thats why its crap when people often re-write history to say they gave him so much 'time' which managers dont get today).<br /><br />-- Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:33 pm --<br /><br />
Blue Mooner said:
chesterbells said:

Fergie was given 4 years before he won anything, Everton have given Moyes 7 years, Wenger has been given 5 years since last winning anything. I'd rather we chose our manager and stuck with him irrespective of the blips along the way. In the long term its better for your club.

Arsenal are finally beginning to see the fruits of long term planning that having the same manager can bring and Moyes, despite not having won anything is recognised as having built a good team with very limited resources.

Yes the money we've spent maybe does demand more instant success but any manager needs two years at least to instil his ethos on the club. Also, when a manager is in a strong position it gives him strength in the dressing room.

If any players who don't like the manager sense weakness in a managers position invariably they will do things to undermine the managers position. If they know the managers position is rock solid then they see no merit in playing up. It totally changes the dynamics.

But Fergie and Wengers "not winning anything" is not quite the same kind as ours is it? I mean utd finished 2nd, and arsenal consistently get top 4 and CL football - I think if we or any other team were doing that for 5 years and "not winning anything" I think it would be slightly more acceptable.
As for Moyes, well everton are pretty much cashless and so have lower expectations, and for all the media pundits who are up his arse, so what? I wouldnt say his everton achievements amount to very much tbh. Yes, a decent youth system, but we've had that too. Otherwise they've played some pretty dire football over the last few years, and well, thats about it really...

So let's get this straight...

We lose with ten men to Arsenal (after putting up a pretty good show imo) and get beat at Wolves (which CAN happen btw)-with a forward who hasn't played for three months who missed a couple of chances he'd put away in his sleep 6 games down the line....and suddenly a couple of predicatbly crap,groundless tabloid articles,the usual shithouse wankers stirring the shit on Sky,Ya Ya going home and it's "we're shit,Mancini out etc..."

What a pile of hysterical shite-last time I looked we're in the top four,well within sight of our objectives.And yet to play our full strength team together.

Maybe Chuckle no.2 had a point when he described some of our fans as "emotional" whenever something doesn't go 100% to plan every week.

The amount of hand wringing and "told you so" bollocks on here is doing my fucking head in.

Let's see where we are at Christmas-if we're 8th,out of Europe/cups etc. and getting gubbed then by all means start to worry...but FFS,will some of you grow a fucking set!!!

I'm starting to wonder how the fuck we ever got out of div 2.

RBmk2 said:

We lose with ten men to Arsenal (after putting up a pretty good show imo) and get beat at Wolves (which CAN happen btw)-with a forward who hasn't played for three months who missed a couple of chances he'd put away in his sleep 6 games down the line....and suddenly a couple of predicatbly crap,groundless tabloid articles,the usual shithouse wankers stirring the shit on Sky,Ya Ya going home and it's "we're shit,Mancini out etc..."

What a pile of hysterical shite-last time I looked we're in the top four,well within sight of our objectives.And yet to play our full strength team together.

Maybe Chuckle no.2 had a point when he described some of our fans as "emotional" whenever something doesn't go 100% to plan every week.

The amount of hand wringing and "told you so" bollocks on here is doing my fucking head in.

Let's see where we are at Christmas-if we're 8th,out of Europe/cups etc. and getting gubbed then by all means start to worry...but FFS,will some of you grow a fucking set!!!

I think it was down to the players...

RBmk2 said:

Fantastic sense at last, great post

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.