City To Be Presented With The PL Trophy If Champions On Sunday

And plenty of ticketless Blues were allowed in to watch the presentation. If we don't win against Chelsea, I'll be travelling down to Brentford, ticketless, to watch us lift it, as I'm sure many other Blues will do..

Then up to the Emirates to take the piss ;)
Remember when the rags won the league at Goodison, murkyside police stopped there fans doing a conga round Anfield. Quite amusing by their standards.

Hasn’t the trophy presentation always taken place at the end of the last game of the season, home or away? If this is true, it would make a change with tradition. Maybe City have requested it due to the lack of City fans at Brentford?
No, it was presented after the Huddersfield game when we had another home game after that against Brighton

Reactions: jrb
Playing devils advocate.

If Arsenal either lose or draw at Forest, Pep and the players could via the club ask the fans not to invade the pitch and to stay in their seats.

And as a thank you, Pep, the players and the coaching staff can do the lap of honour, stop in-front of the stands, take the applause, acclaim and chants. I’d love nothing more. Especially for Pep.

If I’m honest, and I’m not a horrible or miserable b@stard, I don’t want to see the wife’s, girlfriends and kids walking and running around the pitch with Pep and the players at the same time. It all ends up in a mish-mash with Pep and the players getting distracted, etc. If Pep and the players want to walk around the pitch again with the wife’s, girlfriends and kids they can do that. As a City fan I just want to see Pep and the players. The coaching staff can join them as they’re part of the title success. Hopefully. :-)

Last edited:
Another great pitch invasion.

Wow, the noise on that - why the hell do current tv companies, with far better technology, dub out so much of the crowd input? Just to make their constant inane commentator shit more audible?
Obviously the likes of Peter Drury, or maybe just him these days, are excepted from that generalisation!)

Hasn’t the trophy presentation always taken place at the end of the last game of the season, home or away? If this is true, it would make a change with tradition. Maybe City have requested it due to the lack of City fans at Brentford?
Of our 6 PL wins, 4 have been won at the final game of the season.
The other two were presented at home games before the final game.

Reactions: jrb
No, it was presented after the Huddersfield game when we had another home game after that against Brighton
Presumably that was because the Brighton match was an evening kick off and they don’t want a trophy presentation after 10pm if it can be avoided? Which is why there won’t be a trophy presentation at Brighton next week if we clinch the title against them.

I think all our pitch invasions have been in pure joy, and it’s a City tradition. People call it small time but so what, it shows we are still the same City.

The club probably enjoy seeing it too, they just have to tow the PL line and tell us not to.
I find them really annoying. What I want to see is the players celebrating on the pitch. And those those in higher tiers it just means sorting or standing there waiting for pitch to be cleared.

Mine has more or less cleared up. The medication that did it was watching the best team in the land and all the world.
Mine hasn't cleared up although it's nothing like it used to be, for the same reason you say. I am however led to believe that it's a chronic affliction and you may well have a relapse at some time in the future.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.