City to start charging blue badge holders for matchday disabled parking

Everytime the club does something like this that sticks in the craw a part of me dies inside. We are the richest club in the world or were until the Newcastle takeover. Irrespective of that we are up there.
I also say the same thing that is very true. We didn't support and stick with this club for the glory. We felt part of it, that our support was valued and we weren't just a number to milk for money. Of course that might have been a naive view but it's how many of us felt. Sadly now there is no doubt. We are just a customer and our recent success now means the club can impose and charge what they want and we either pay it or leave. They better pray they beat those 115 charges because I know one think for sure, fans won't be flying in from all over the world to pay £60 to watch us play Macclesfield.
Sums it up very well. There is no excuse or logical reason other than City are extorting fans. When a section of our fans feels hurt/is taken advantage of then it hurts the rest of us blues….or at least it should

Awful decision from the club, giving them terrible PR for negligible financial benefit. Their 'rationale' for this was that people were abusing the privilege by booking space and then not turning up. But they have ANPR so you could charge people upfront, and refund those who did turn up, or who didn't cancel within, say, 48 hours of the game.

When the empty seats on the Thomas Cook flights were costing them money, they were quick enough to consult with City Matters to get an agreed solution. But they didn't consult CM or the Disabled Supporters Association, and either or both could have suggested an alternative.

Last edited:
From free to £228 is obscene. If disabled fans must be charged then just make it a minimal amount at best.

Reactions: CC1

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.