City to start charging blue badge holders for matchday disabled parking

There's quite a few posts in here bemoaning monies people get paid .....

Should disabled be charged? It's not PC but yeah probably with 'front row spaces'. Doesn't mean it necessarily the right thing to do though.

Everyone who attends games does so through choice of which a part of that will be affordability... choice of cheap seats upto corporate etc.

Costs affect almost all of us when deciding to attend games,this is just something else for a small part of the City family to have to cost. It's not pretty and the money generated over a season would pay Phillips (to use an example of wasted money) under a month's salary.

It's really not worth the bad feelings this'll cause.

So, people with a disability like me who has supported this club for over 50 years will have to cough up £12 a game to park. Absolutely disgusting from the club. So the fact there is new extended none street parking introduced and now this. Makes you think about how this club and council conspire.

I do not ask to have a disability and would love to be able to walk to a game unaided!

I’ve been parking on the blue car park for the past three years and NEVER seen that car park and the disabled bays unfilled. This is a complete and utter fabrication from the club. When I turn up I have to park in the designated area there are always limited spaces throughout.

When Bernard Halford was secretary and we were at Maine Road the club instigated a disabled parking scheme on the forecourt and a selected few were told you will have a space there for one season. My dad who was in a wheelchair did not get a space but told he would the following year. This never happened and my dad wrote to Halford asking what the criteria and reasoning was for it. He got the cold shoulder and no response from the club. This devastated my dad who loved this club to the point he never went back to a game after 60 years of supporting and playing for the old b teams.

Nothing changes. We will always be third class citizens.

I think, and I may well be wrong, he/she is meaning able bodied don't have to drive there whereas most disabled do.
He did make a comment re free parking somewhere within reasonable walking distance that able bodied fans can use. I'm surprised there's any free parking anywhere close on match days. The ASDA car park, maybe (is that free?)

i wonder what jack will think of this as hes always up for the disabled, maybe he could pay

To be fair, both sides of the discussion have a valid point. I always used to laugh at the looks my mate got when he parked his Bentley in the disabled spot in any golf club car park. Is the minimal amount of money the club will receive really worth the negative image it generates? Is it worth causing distress and financial hardship to those disabled fans to whom 12 quid a match for necessary parking a problem? If no shows are an issue then just find a better solution to the problem. It’s worrying if City Matters have been bypassed on this issue and hardly an incentive for anyone to rush to fill the current vacancies.

To the best of my knowledge, the companion tickets are for those that rely on assistance from someone most of the time they’re at the stadium and each case is assessed by the club on its merits. Numbers are limited and you don’t qualify by simply having a blue badge.
Thanks for clarifying. Always knew my sister talks b…..ks

OK, I'm going to get pelters for this ,but. I have no problem with vehicles with disabled badges getting a car park at the stadium which is conveniently sited for easier access. In fact any carpark. However it is my view, being disabled does not mean that you should not pay. I do not know for sure what incomes the holders of the blue badges have but I am on basic state pension and have to pay for my parking in the area. Are blue badge holders treated any differently re the price of Season Tickets?
They pay the same as over 65s

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.