City to start charging blue badge holders for matchday disabled parking

For those crass individuals who are saying "why should disabled not have to pay", you may wish to educate yourselves on the disability price tag, the extra costs associated with being disabled, that are required to equal the standards of living of non-disabled people.

• disabled households with at least 1 disabled adult or child, face extra costs of £975 a month on average
  • for households with 2 disabled adults and at least 2 children, these average extra costs increase to £1,248 a month
  • disability related extra costs are equivalent to 63% of a disabled household’s income, after housing costs
So every little helps, that £12 per match might not be a lot to you, but it adds ONTO the disability price tag.

From reading this thread, it seems it's not only the club who should hang their heads in shame.
The counter argument to that is, yes, alot of people have the 'disability price tag' however that is an average, and equally alot don't. There is a huge difference in not only the 'financial' scales, but also the 'disability' scale.
A close relative of mine qualifies and has a blue badge/registered disabled, but doesn't have any more 'need' for anything than the average person, he calls it his 'golden ticket'. There are also plenty of people who 'falsely' claim it (as there are in all benefit groups) ....the 'qualifying remit' and 'false claimers' not only give all people in a particular group a reason to questioned on what they get, but also the money given out, affects the help that those who most need it can get.
Anyway, I don't park at the ground, and have no problem with free parking for badge holders! But I bet there are some that run in and out the ground quicker than Kyle Walker being chased for child support.

OK, I'm going to get pelters for this ,but. I have no problem with vehicles with disabled badges getting a car park at the stadium which is conveniently sited for easier access. In fact any carpark. However it is my view, being disabled does not mean that you should not pay. I do not know for sure what incomes the holders of the blue badges have but I am on basic state pension and have to pay for my parking in the area. Are blue badge holders treated any differently re the price of Season Tickets?
How many with blue badges are economically disabled? The ultimate extension to free parking is free STs!

Don you have fell out of love with the club, your ilk pine for the days when we were shit...
I've not fell out of love with the club & will never pine back to days when we were sh*t , whatever gave you that idea ?( the club valued our support then though)
But while I don't agree with many things the club do . I can understand why they do some of them
But come on what harm would it have done to meet with various reps ,After all that's the sort of stuff should be discussed at City Matters

It was always free.
But now the club is going to charge £12 because ‘some blue badge holders’ never turned up and left their parking spaces empty.
1. Why didn’t the club contact those blue badge holders who didn’t turn up to find out why they never used their parking space? There may have been a genuine reason?
2. As we all know it isn’t easy contacting customer support a City. Why isn’t there a blue badge only customer support, so they can sort out blue badge issues, and they can contact blue badge holders?
3. What about the blue badge holders who have attended all the home games or all of the PL home games and used their car parking spaces? What have they done wrong? Why should they have to pay £12 a game because other blue badge holders haven’t used their car parking spaces.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.