City to start charging blue badge holders for matchday disabled parking

You’re quite right Kaz. A disabled badge IS to help you access the same places everyone else can thus there are many disabled car parking spaces & I’m happy to walk miles to the ground every match from where I have to park. I’m also willing to pay the extortionate fees it costs me to park in the surrounding car parks when I don’t have time to walk.

But why should disabled parking be free???
Disability does not necessarily mean lack of funds. Same with ST holders - just because they save up to buy a ticket - it doesn’t mean they can afford to pay for parking more than a disabled person can??

Not about hate - it’s about parity
You can choose to park somewhere a distance from the ground for free and walk there. A disabled person doesn’t. It’s not that hard to work this one out.

You can choose to park somewhere a distance from the ground for free and walk there. A disabled person doesn’t. It’s not that hard to work this one out.
Not hard at all. We’re all agreed that disabled should get parked as close as possible & the fit should walk. No issue with that AS I SAID IN PREVIOUS POST.
The debate is whether a disabled badge is an indicator of ability or poverty

For those crass individuals who are saying "why should disabled not have to pay", you may wish to educate yourselves on the disability price tag, the extra costs associated with being disabled, that are required to equal the standards of living of non-disabled people.

• disabled households with at least 1 disabled adult or child, face extra costs of £975 a month on average
  • for households with 2 disabled adults and at least 2 children, these average extra costs increase to £1,248 a month
  • disability related extra costs are equivalent to 63% of a disabled household’s income, after housing costs
So every little helps, that £12 per match might not be a lot to you, but it adds ONTO the disability price tag.

From reading this thread, it seems it's not only the club who should hang their heads in shame.

So, people with a disability like me who has supported this club for over 50 years will have to cough up £12 a game to park. Absolutely disgusting from the club. So the fact there is new extended none street parking introduced and now this. Makes you think about how this club and council conspire.

I do not ask to have a disability and would love to be able to walk to a game unaided!

I’ve been parking on the blue car park for the past three years and NEVER seen that car park and the disabled bays unfilled. This is a complete and utter fabrication from the club. When I turn up I have to park in the designated area there are always limited spaces throughout.

When Bernard Halford was secretary and we were at Maine Road the club instigated a disabled parking scheme on the forecourt and a selected few were told you will have a space there for one season. My dad who was in a wheelchair did not get a space but told he would the following year. This never happened and my dad wrote to Halford asking what the criteria and reasoning was for it. He got the cold shoulder and no response from the club. This devastated my dad who loved this club to the point he never went back to a game after 60 years of supporting and playing for the old b teams.

Nothing changes. We will always be third class citizens.
Why shouldn't you pay for parking ?

Sums it up very well. There is no excuse or logical reason other than City are extorting fans. When a section of our fans feels hurt/is taken advantage of then it hurts the rest of us blues….or at least it should

I.like to think of us as a family. Like all families we might bicker and have our share of annoying relatives but ultimately we have one another's backs. Our owners or whatever you want to call them have become like a newly appointed landlord who's alienating the long standing tenants. It's not a good look.

The biggest disappointment is that City showed there contempt for the fans by not discussing or negotiating with any of the fans groups about the increase
The Club seems intent of squeezing every possible shilling out of the fans
Who is next ?

it is not strictly about how much money you have although it has been proved that being disabled cost much more than not being . The badge is to give access to places that you wouldnt get otherwise , it is there so that those of us who cant walk far can still access the same places as everyone else can .
Which is correct.

Cant believe some ,posts in here today , people so willing to hate on disabled people now !
Which is incorrect.

Just because someone disagrees with your point of view doesn't mean they're 'hating on you'.

Reactions: CC1

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.