City to start charging blue badge holders for matchday disabled parking

I’m disabled but don’t use a blue badge. Shit is just needless. You can’t go from free to £228 a season either way. The world think city are cunts, might not be the time to go to war with the disabled fans.

Everytime the club does something like this that sticks in the craw a part of me dies inside. We are the richest club in the world or were until the Newcastle takeover. Irrespective of that we are up there.
I also say the same thing that is very true. We didn't support and stick with this club for the glory. We felt part of it, that our support was valued and we weren't just a number to milk for money. Of course that might have been a naive view but it's how many of us felt. Sadly now there is no doubt. We are just a customer and our recent success now means the club can impose and charge what they want and we either pay it or leave. They better pray they beat those 115 charges because I know one think for sure, fans won't be flying in from all over the world to pay £60+ to watch us play Macclesfield.

Re your last sentence. I just checked and the season card for the disabled is priced the same as the 18-21 or just over half the price of the full price ticket.

I don’t know if it’s true or not but my sister, who has a blue badge, told me if she buys a season ticket she gets a companion ticket free. If true that’s a sweet deal. Two for half the price of one.
Not true. A Blue badge does not entitle you to a free ticket for a companion. There has to be a need for a companion, ie can’t walk/wheelchair user; you also have to be in receipt of PIP or equivalent.

Pep and the players knowingly go on to the pitch late and the club pays a £2mill fine to the PL.

Disabled badge holders knowingly don’t use their car parking space and the club begins charging £12.

Revenue going out, revenue coming in.

I hope this attitude hasn't seeped into the fabric of the club, or we could well be in for a rocky season, despite our loyalty to what we're told.
I hate to think that our Club is becoming just like that lot over in Stretford but recently they do seem to be more focused on the “business” and less on the fans. It now seems to be all about revenue and profits.

Everytime the club does something like this that sticks in the craw a part of me dies inside. We are the richest club in the world or were until the Newcastle takeover. Irrespective of that we are up there.
I also say the same thing that is very true. We didn't support and stick with this club for the glory. We felt part of it, that our support was valued and we weren't just a number to milk for money. Of course that might have been a naive view but it's how many of us felt. Sadly now there is no doubt. We are just a customer and our recent success now means the club can impose and charge what they want and we either pay it or leave. They better pray they beat those 115 charges because I know one think for sure, fans won't be flying in from all over the world to pay £60+ to watch us play Macclesfield.

Especially with an extra 8000 seats to fill. Not to mention empty match day car parking spaces across the Etihad Campus.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.