City to start charging blue badge holders for matchday disabled parking

For those crass individuals who are saying "why should disabled not have to pay", you may wish to educate yourselves on the disability price tag, the extra costs associated with being disabled, that are required to equal the standards of living of non-disabled people.

• disabled households with at least 1 disabled adult or child, face extra costs of £975 a month on average
  • for households with 2 disabled adults and at least 2 children, these average extra costs increase to £1,248 a month
  • disability related extra costs are equivalent to 63% of a disabled household’s income, after housing costs
So every little helps, that £12 per match might not be a lot to you, but it adds ONTO the disability price tag.

From reading this thread, it seems it's not only the club who should hang their heads in shame.
I can assure you that those stats do not apply to everybody with a blue badge - and there are dedicated ST holders who also have financial issues.

But we all have opinions - based on what we know & who we know

Another issue with battle lines being drawn within the fanbase, nothing new really.

No issue with this to be honest, why should the parking be free? They've been lucky to have it free for so long.

The simple fact is, if I don't want to pay to park at the ground I don't have to. I can walk or get the tram/taxi.
A disabled person does not have that option.

To charge them is a piss take and wrong.
I agree, but why should it be free? My dad has a blue badge and he's much more well off than I am.

Absolutely disgusting what city are doing, we have been at Etihad for over 20 seasons, so WHY NOW, are we short of money??? Who actually came up with this idea???, i imagine it’s the idiot that moves the wheel chair users into the “ disabled ambulant” lane at Champions league games, squashing everyone against railings, to make way for VIP TENT, i have complained hundreds of time, will city listen, not an effing chance, regarding the car park., exactly where do all the staff disappear to at end of game, causing total chaos for everyone, having watched city for over 60 years i am now embarrassed by the way the club is ran and the way it treats fans, roll on FC City!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.