City to start charging blue badge holders for matchday disabled parking

People appear to be assuming disabled only means someone is for example blind or wheelchair bound.

It doesn’t.

There’s a lad in my work who has dyslexia and one who has adhd and both are classed as disabled.

There’s also a woman on a different team who is disabled due to menopause symptoms.

They should get free parking at city?

Come on ffs.

Sounds like 16 pages of:

A) Disabled people deserve everything free and close in parking spots, too

VS

B) Just because you’re disabled doesn’t mean you’re poor! I know someone with a blue badge who is well wadded!

VS

C) While we are at it, why do we have Senior Concessions? Some of the old folk now live like kings and don’t need the break!

It sounds like, just like at the supermarket and everywhere else in life, the Blue Badge is an entitlement to be closer to your destination due to disability, rather than an income/welfare threshold issue.

Given that, it would seem reasonable to assume that disability does not create an additional financial hardship that others do not have, especially given disability benefits, such as cars and money are already provided.

My siblings are profoundly disabled from
Muscular Dystrophy, such that my sister is now in a wheelchair and has had to move seat locations just for stadium access. Even though she only had 3 stairs to her seat, she can no longer do it.

I haven’t asked her if the £200+ will be a difference maker, but I assume not considering she’s been going for almost 60 years now! I do know she gets a seat for her carer, which is next to the wheelchair slot she uses. But without the carer, she would really struggle to even get in and out of the car and into the seat. The Blue Badge lot was simply open ground full of large stones for years and it would take her ages to get through the uneven ground with her sticks. I can only imagine if it was still that way with her chair!

Anyway, if the access is a well paved, well marked parking lot with sufficient spacing between the cars for disable people to maneuver and move wheelchairs through, I can see where every Blue Badger who could afford it would be happy to have the better access and parking conditions.

Unfortunately, unless one is willing to allow the club to perform a financial wellness/welfare assessment, it’s impossible to know who can and who should not have to pay for the improved Blue Badge Parking Access.

Torn.

People appear to be assuming disabled only means someone is for example blind or wheelchair bound.

It doesn’t.

There’s a lad in my work who has dyslexia and one who has adhd and both are classed as disabled.

There’s also a woman on a different team who is disabled due to menopause symptoms.

They should get free parking at city?

Come on ffs.
Do they get Blue badge parking passes?

Absolutely disgusting what city are doing, we have been at Etihad for over 20 seasons, so WHY NOW, are we short of money??? Who actually came up with this idea???, i imagine it’s the idiot that moves the wheel chair users into the “ disabled ambulant” lane at Champions league games, squashing everyone against railings, to make way for VIP TENT, i have complained hundreds of time, will city listen, not an effing chance, regarding the car park., exactly where do all the staff disappear to at end of game, causing total chaos for everyone, having watched city for over 60 years i am now embarrassed by the way the club is ran and the way it treats fans, roll on FC City!!!
Shut the door on the way out mate...

I fly with pilots who get significant monthly disability payments (in the $1,000s) from the military. It seems the thing to do is see a military doc on the way out of the service, tell them every single thing you believe is wrong with you at separation that was not wrong with you when you joined up, and they issue you with a “% disabled” assignation.

Not only does this increase your separation pension, but it also reduces many of the costs associated with life outside the military, like property taxes, car licence fees, state income taxes, etc…

These pilots ALL have FAA First Class Medical certificates, yet tell me they’re anywhere from 40-100% disabled, per Mil guidelines.

One guy told me he runs a minimum of 4 miles per day to help stay in shape, but is above the “40% disabled” threshold for all the state benefits (no income tax or property tax), which cost me $10,000s every year. When I asked him what his disability was, he said his hearing was degraded (whose isn’t from age 22-45?!) and he had ejected from an F-16 and had a back injury from that in his medical records.

So, not only does he get disability benefits, but free medical care for life.

I asked if he ever fired a missile or a shot in anger in a military conflict over his 20+ yrs of service and the answer was “No.”

At 45, he receives a $7,000/month (£5,000) military pension, but is also a full time airline pilot now he’s retired from the military.

That all goes to show the word “disabled” is a very broad spectrum, from the guy who has some hearing loss and once had a bad back to Stephen Hawking! And, that’s before we mention one word about financial resources or ability to pay for services.

It’s a delicate balance that can tip in all directions depending on the individual and the audience’s experiences.

OK, I'm going to get pelters for this ,but. I have no problem with vehicles with disabled badges getting a car park at the stadium which is conveniently sited for easier access. In fact any carpark. However it is my view, being disabled does not mean that you should not pay. I do not know for sure what incomes the holders of the blue badges have but I am on basic state pension and have to pay for my parking in the area. Are blue badge holders treated any differently re the price of Season Tickets?
To answer your questions
I am a blue badge holder my seat in block 211 is £190 cheaper than my adult sons sat either side of me Going off this incoming parking charge my discount might not be happening for many more seasons. I don't use city official car parks.CTID

To answer your questions
I am a blue badge holder my seat in block 211 is £190 cheaper than my adult sons sat either side of me Going off this incoming parking charge my discount might not be happening for many more seasons. I don't use city official car parks.CTID
Hi
Do blue badge holders get a discount on season tickets?
I'm thinking not ?

I take it the Johnny Cabs that ferry old and disabled people to stadium from the back car parks along Joe Mercer Way are still going to be free, or will the club start charging for them as well?

IMG_2267.jpeg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.