City to start charging blue badge holders for matchday disabled parking

They're not equal though are they? They have trouble getting to and from the stadium so the nearest we can get them to the stadium the better and it should be free. Nobody is patronising them.
Facilitate equality, that means providing spaces near the stadium ensuring access,providing all the things needed to help independence and dignity. Not making them feel like they need charity and pity.

£12 (£228÷19); for, what, 3 hrs parking at the most l? That's steep. I'm parking at Dublin Airport from mid afternoon on the friday til just before midnight on the saturday for the Ipswich game (33 hrs), and I'm paying €29. And I thought THAT was taking the piss.
If it includes cup games and we have a few FAC and LC games in addition to at least 4 CL games then it's down to about £9 per game which is close to the cheapest unofficial car parks around the area.
I'm in two minds about this as I agree that a blue badge doesn't always mean reduced income and it's likely a carer and/or friends could be with the disabled person therefore reducing the cost per person.
However I also agree that this is unlikely to be a major income generator and shows the club in a bad light.

Facilitate equality, that means providing spaces near the stadium ensuring access,providing all the things needed to help independence and dignity. Not making them feel like they need charity and pity.
Or equity not equality meaning that the difference in cost of life between being disabled or not is accounted for.

You can see who the Tories are on this thread. If your disabled cousin is earning or having even worse has benefits that work out more than you why don’t you just work a bit harder so you don’t have to be bitter and twisted about it?

In 21 years of being at the Etihad I’ve never once paid for parking. I park outside the parking permit area and walk to the ground because I’m not a lazy fat bastard.

Or equity not equality meaning that the difference in cost of life between being disabled or not is accounted for.
It's a not a disabled badge really it's a mobilty badge,many blue badge holders have mobility issues not all are disabled.Could be caused by illness,as my dads was,he appreciated the blue badge but didn't need financial help, or an accident.Not all are finacially struggling, some are as are some non Blue badge holders.
I run a business that has to cater for disabled people by providing access and facilities,which we do as we should. Nobody and not one disabled person has ever expected me to provide any goods or service at a discount or free and if I said we do disabled special prices they would probably be insulted.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.