City to start charging blue badge holders for matchday disabled parking

You could well be right, or could this be yet another result of PSR? Because of the cluster fuck that the Premier League has introduced, clubs are scrambling everywhere for every last bit of money.
PSR is a convenient excuse. Like throwing a sausage down an entry for all the difference to the books this will make.

Reactions: PPT
It's a tricky one and I can see both sides of the argument, there are degrees of disability and I'm sure no one would begrudge a kid with cerebral palsy, for instance, being able to park up right outside for nowt, others are capable of using their badge on the road and walking 5 minutes, as they do. But then City can't be the police of who can and can't get free parking.
One thing I think we can all agree on is this shows City in a really bad light, and for what, even if a quarter of the ground has a blue badge it'd only generate about 3 million. Is it really worth all the bad press, as if we don't get enough already. Imagine what we'd be saying if the scousers or United did this.
Seems like City are saying the reason they’re charging £6 next season is the amount of no shows. You must have to prebook a space and many are booked but not used so I suppose the logic is, if you’ve paid you’ll turn up? Of course, they answer might be you get a refund if you use the space?

As for the rags,

IMG_0478.jpeg
That was last season, by the way. For next season they have increased the parking price for blue badge holders at Old Trafford to £333.50. A 20% increase.

You could well be right, or could this be yet another result of PSR? Because of the cluster fuck that the Premier League has introduced, clubs are scrambling everywhere for every last bit of money.
City made an £80mill profit last season.

I very much doubt PSR is the reason the club are bringing in Blue Badge parking charges. There probably aren’t that many blue badge parking spaces. Certainly not enough of them to generate an income that would have any effect on the clubs revenue per season.

Plain and simple, it’s just another pointless and petty way of increasing revenues on a match day.

City will keep on finding more and more ways of increasing match day revenues.

In the meantime the club will pay a two million pound fine for the team being late on to the pitch on numerous occasions, not to mention wasting ‘hundreds of millions of pounds’ on player transfer fees, agents fees, wages, etc on players who the club should have never bought in the first place, and who don’t and won’t ever get a regular start in the first team, or as a squad player.(no names)

Last edited:
City made an £80mill profit last season.

I very much doubt PSR is the reason the club are bringing in Blue Badge parking charges. There probably aren’t that many blue badge parking spaces. Certainly not enough of them to generate an income that would have any effect on the clubs revenue per season.

Plain and simple, it’s just another pointless and petty way of increasing revenues on a match day.

City will keep on finding more and more ways of increasing match day revenues.

In the meantime the club will pay a two million pound fine for the team being late on the pitch on numerous occasions, not to mention wasting ‘hundreds of millions of pounds’ on player transfer fees, agents fees, wages, etc on players who the club should have never been bought in the first place, and who don’t and won’t ever get a regular start in the first team, or as a squad player.(no names)
I must admit, they are coming across as a bit of a **** now with all their extra increases here and there. Not feeling so much a family club anymore.

PSR is a convenient excuse. Like throwing a sausage down an entry for all the difference to the books this will make.

Quite incredible the excuses people will find so as not to criticise the club for this penny pinching measure. PSR, the wealth of Blue Badge owners, many don’t need it etc etc.

It’s a drop in the ocean and will not even cover the fines accrued for the players not being ready to start the second half on time.

It is not unique to City but it highlights the greed of those people running football clubs. They would take of anyone to boost their margins.

I must admit, they are coming across as a bit of a **** now with all their extra increases here and there. Not feeling so much a family club anymore.
I think us FOC’s still think City is a family club. And should strive to continue being a family club. I’m sure the younger generation of blues don’t see the club like that anymore.

City is now a multi-billion pound business. Run by business people. Business people who have run bigger clubs than City. Their remit from Sheikh Mansour and Khaldoon is to increase revenues yearly, whilst maintaining success on the pitch. In that aspect they are doing a good job, regardless of what the fans think of how the club is being run.

Quite incredible the excuses people will find so as not to criticise the club for this penny pinching measure. PSR, the wealth of Blue Badge owners, many don’t need it etc etc.

It’s a drop in the ocean and will not even cover the fines accrued for the players not being ready to start the second half on time.

It is not unique to City but it highlights the greed of those people running football clubs. They would take of anyone to boost their margins.

You could argue everything is a drop in the ocean.

Why don’t city knock a few quid off the cost of a season ticket? A few quid off the cost of a pie? A few quid off a program?

All a drop in the ocean for a club making millions of profit.

Because it’s a business. The idea is to make money. There’s literally nothing wrong with it.

Absolutely disgusting what city are doing, we have been at Etihad for over 20 seasons, so WHY NOW, are we short of money??? Who actually came up with this idea???, i imagine it’s the idiot that moves the wheel chair users into the “ disabled ambulant” lane at Champions league games, squashing everyone against railings, to make way for VIP TENT, i have complained hundreds of time, will city listen, not an effing chance, regarding the car park., exactly where do all the staff disappear to at end of game, causing total chaos for everyone, having watched city for over 60 years i am now embarrassed by the way the club is ran and the way it treats fans, roll on FC City!!!

60 years and only now embarrassed?

You must have been asleep when Swales was running things.

I'm not making excuses for them, in 2 posts now I've pointed out this is putting them in a bad light and they're coming across as cunts for hardly any gain.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.