City to start charging blue badge holders for matchday disabled parking

You could argue everything is a drop in the ocean.

Why don’t city knock a few quid off the cost of a season ticket? A few quid off the cost of a pie? A few quid off a program?

All a drop in the ocean for a club making millions of profit.

Because it’s a business. The idea is to make money. There’s literally nothing wrong with it.

If, and that’s a big if, the PL win the 115 case against City, and City are demoted, let’s see what if anything happens with prices across the board in the following season. Because I don’t think even City would have the audacity to increase prices across the board the following season. It’s going to take some imaginative pricing to fill just under 62,000 seats, to sell hospitality packages , and to fill 1000’s of car park spaces for Championship matches.

Why don’t city knock a few quid off the cost of a season ticket? A few quid off the cost of a pie? A few quid off a program?

Because it’s a business. The idea is to make money. There’s literally nothing wrong with it.

Yes and isn’t the world a much better place for this extreme capitalism undertaken by big business.

They shouldn’t keep putting season tickets up every season either. All about opinions i don’t think they should be trying to fleece the disabled and working class fanbase you do. It should be about the community and Manchester as that is what the football club’s history is and why it was set up in the first place. It should be more than just a business it’s been part of peoples family for generations and about community it’s not Tesco. From a purely business point of view though it’s a cracking idea. Price them out for as long as someone richer is willing to take their place.

I can’t get a tram or a bus. I cannot walk and my hand/arms don’t function. I’m in a wheelchair so need to be close to the stadium entrance. My only income is my benefit

Exactly mate I can't believe some of our own fans are so fucking insensitive. I'm sure they'd change their tune if illness or an accident put them in the same position.

I don't think they should be free in first place. Cheaper yes but why free. There's a women who goes home and away with City, totally confined to a wheelchair, gets the bus to the pub and a taxi van to the game. If you can afford to drive to a game and have a season ticket you can afford to pay some parking.

Let's hope you never find out first hand one day eh?

On the plus side, at least the cost of parking on a match day isn’t £25(yet) like the Coop Live Arena parking. £25!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.