City to start charging blue badge holders for matchday disabled parking

Empathy for what, they don't want empathy. That's ridiculous.
You're clearly not disabled or have a close family member who is judging by your comments, so how you think you can speak on their behalf is beyond me, stating what they want or don't want.
Showing empathy and trying some to make someone's life that little bit easier when they are disadvantaged is what makes us good humans, not sure you know much about that either

Not condescending at all. Just that disabled people might have er a disability, some may not be able to work due to said disability.
Not condescending at all. Just that disabled people might have er a disability, some may not be able to work due to said disability.
Vast majority will be over 60s who just need a space near the ground. If you can't afford to pay £12 to park then probably cant afford a season ticket.

You're clearly not disabled or have a close family member who is judging by your comments, so how you think you can speak on their behalf is beyond me, stating what they want or don't want.
Showing empathy and trying some to make someone's life that little bit easier when they are disadvantaged is what makes us good humans, not sure you know much about that either
Make life easier by offering car park spaces near the ground, fully agree, but zero need for them to be free. Having a disability does not mean you can't afford to pay,.

Whilst I can see both sides of this argument my overarching feeling is for such a small amount of revenue gained the bad publicity far outweighs it.
A spectacular own goal and a concern that those making these decisions really aren’t bright, which considering I’ve always thought we had the best in class since the takeover in all areas, has left me reevaluating my views.
Do better City.

But don't disadvantaged people get benefits, and their families and carers get allowances.
Hmmm… I get PIP and ESA. That’s it. I live alone in extra care home and pay full rent (£745/month), £97/month council tax. I pay for all my care. I’m classed as ‘self funding’ because I was stupid enough to have savings, which will not last much longer. Not all disabled people are wealthy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.