City to start charging blue badge holders for matchday disabled parking

If we take the club at its word and accept this is all about stopping no shows booking spots, then why go all in with £12 a game?

Even a nominal fee would put people off booking if they had little intention of coming.

I do it myself with the kidzone. I’ll book tickets because they’re free, even if there’s just a slight chance I might end up bringing them. Even if it was a nominal pound or two, I wouldn’t bother unless I was at least pretty sure they’d be coming.
Why not pay for it and then be reimbursed if you use the parking space?

How do you know 50% did? Where did you get that figure from?
I don’t accept that either, because on numerous occasions last season I arrived at the Orange car park to be told there were no wheelchair spaces left as they’d been ‘over booked’ and we had to park in a normal space. This despite me being registered for a wheelchair space and having the email confirmation on my phone. Maybe the issue is the Blue car park? It’s definitely not the case with the Orange Car Park.

Maybe it was originally introduced as a little perk for them because the poor sods have to live with a disability
Wow how condescending. Give them a little pat on the head as they go by, might make them feel better.

Wow how condescending. Give them a little pat on the head as they go by, might make them feel better.
Not condescending at all. Just that disabled people might have er a disability, some may not be able to work due to said disability.

I don’t accept that either, because on numerous occasions last season I arrived at the Orange car park to be told there were no wheelchair spaces left as they’d been ‘over booked’ and we had to park in a normal space. This despite me being registered for a wheelchair space and having the email confirmation on my phone. Maybe the issue is the Blue car park? It’s definitely not the case with the Orange Car Park.
The Orange car park works on ANPR and they can easily calculate the no shows from the list
Although the wheelchair spaces were always overbooked, walking from the ambulant spaces through the Disabled spaces I can confirm that most games, 15 minutes before KO the spaces were around 50% capacity

They definitely wouldn't get a blue badge. It's specifically to do with mobility and very strict. It's difficult to define disabled but qualifying for a blue badge is a pretty good benchmark. Physical disability anyway.
You’re correct in the main but there are of course other criteria additions to it too and yes it is a strict application.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.