City to start charging blue badge holders for matchday disabled parking

So you're claiming the club are lying now? Do you have proof of this other than "every time I'm there..."?

This issue is similar to doctors surgeries where certain demographics used to block book appointments just in case it was needed. As they didn't bother cancelling it ended up with people who did need an appointment being unable to get one or only at really difficult times of the day. Thankfully most if not all now tell them to find another doctors after about 3 failed attendances.
My proof buddy is my own eyes. I am ambulant disabled not registered blind! As my colleague from the MC Disbility Supporters group say, where has the club got the proof and figures from, they’ve never even been approached about it. Let’s be clear, disabled people like myself (and able bodied I may add) can have more than an off day and whatever the day or time of the game, and not attend for that so reason. The blue car park where we park is always full, and the designated disabled bays are too. Thankfully, I am not yet in a wheelchair, but the bays we are asked to use are generally regular parking bays where accessing in and out of the car to your wheelchair is like I imagine climbing into a man hole. Give us some credit, I do respect the club and the hierarchy and I recognise in the past how much this club, especially with CITC have done and do over thirty years to champion equality and diversity, but this is bad PR for the club and once again like the hike in ticket prices, no consideration given whatsoever.

Hmmm.

Tricky one this.

Just because you’re disabled it doesn’t mean you’re skint. And by definition if you can afford to go to the footy you’re not skint anyway.
If you’re disabled the club should be making it as accessible as possible to attend games. They don’t have the option to park for free 20 mins walk away do they.
The club are giving our disabled fans 2 options. Stump up the cash or stop going.
It’s piss poor from the club

Here’s a thought charge them for using it but if you do you get your cash back, if you don’t you forfeit the money! Personally I think it’s bollocks and they shouldn’t but wait until we are paying per mile to drive let’s see how many fuck it off completely.

No, there wasn’t a charge but the blue ‘noddy’s used to get pelted when the ball went out of play near them at the corners. I know because I went with my old fella who was in one for over 35 years of his life. Also, early 70’s we got moved into the Platt Lane and parked under the Woden stand after being allowed through the gate 45 mins before k.o. When the new stand was built, a chosen few got a space on the front of the main stand near the platt lane or if you were me and me dad we had to try and park on Maine Road itself. Try avoiding the dog shit when pushing a wheelchair!!!

1722885489491.png

If you’re disabled the club should be making it as accessible as possible to attend games. They don’t have the option to park for free 20 mins walk away do they.
The club are giving our disabled fans 2 options. Stump up the cash or stop going.
It’s piss poor from the club
So, you mean accessible AND free?

The club could make it a voluntary scheme. Those that can afford it pay, those that can’t don’t pay.
I use the Dales busses that are provided by the community with volunteer drivers. They are free to seniors but all accept voluntary contributions. I always Chuck a few quid in and they gladly receive it. Poor travellers just go free with everybody’s blessing .Works well.

Interestingly, me and the wife are going to a couple of concerts at the Co-Op Arena, and we have booked parking on the same blue zone area and guess what, it’s free to blue badge holders!!!!

Talk about double standards.

I’ve only just seen this thread. I’m absolutely staggered that people with a disability feel they should get free parking. I fully agree and wholeheartedly understand the physical issues resulting in closer parking to a venue or stadium, but why should it cost nothing when the non disabled match going fan is paying a fortune?

Interestingly, me and the wife are going to a couple of concerts at the Co-Op Arena, and we have booked parking on the same blue zone area and guess what, it’s free to blue badge holders!!!!

Talk about double standards.
Different people, different venues isn’t it so hardly double standards. That’ll be why they charge double what the regular football parking is.

I’ve only just seen this thread. I’m absolutely staggered that people with a disability feel they should get free parking. I fully agree and wholeheartedly understand the physical issues resulting in closer parking to a venue or stadium, but why should it cost nothing when the non disabled match going fan is paying a fortune?
You are Alan Partridge and I claim my £5.

Screenshot_20240806-165526~2.png

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.