City to start charging blue badge holders for matchday disabled parking

I wouldn’t be surprised if this is also down to mis-use of the badges. I don’t what percentage are fraudulently used, but I’m guessing it’s pretty high.
Badges are registered to the person, not the vehicle. If the st holder is scanned in to the ground then the badge should be valid

Badges are registered to the person, not the vehicle. If the st holder is scanned in to the ground then the badge should be valid
So mate but you regiser with the club accessibility team as a disabled supporter and they then ask for evidence of the disability which is usually in the form of your PIP/ DLA benefit award letter. Then register your vehicle when you apply for the car parking which is at the beginning of the month for the games the following month. So long as the vehicle registration matches the records on the ANPR for the booking no further checks are made. Not once last season were asked to show my friends blue badge. I have seen numerous vehicles with no disabled person in the car in the disabled sector. Don't get me started about champions league games in that sector which in my experience gets overrun with the uefa entourage.

So mate but you regiser with the club accessibility team as a disabled supporter and they then ask for evidence of the disability which is usually in the form of your PIP/ DLA benefit award letter. Then register your vehicle when you apply for the car parking which is at the beginning of the month for the games the following month. So long as the vehicle registration matches the records on the ANPR for the booking no further checks are made. Not once last season were asked to show my friends blue badge. I have seen numerous vehicles with no disabled person in the car in the disabled sector. Don't get me started about champions league games in that sector which in my experience gets overrun with the uefa entourage.
Maybe it’s the UEFA entourage that don’t take up their parking spaces?

I wouldn’t be surprised if this is also down to mis-use of the badges. I don’t what percentage are fraudulently used, but I’m guessing it’s pretty high.
I don’t see how mass fraudulent use is possible at City. You have to provide a photo of front & back of your blue badge. This identifies the issuing authority, the badge number, the expiry date and the name AND PHOTOGRAPH of the person for whom it is issued. This is then recorded by the club against the ticket holder

Whichever way you dress it up the club shouldn't have felt the need to charge disabled blue badge holders for parking, it seems petty surely?

The car registration is recognised by the ANPR the club keeps from your online booking when entering the orange car park. We always display my friends blue badge and park in the wheelchair sector not the ambient sector. I see very few blue badges in the ambient section but a high number in the wheelchair sector. We are both of the conclusion that there is high number of people park in the ambient sector without a disabled person in the car.
Yes I always show my blue badge, otherwise the attendants try directing me to the normal (not widened) parking bays.

Yes I always show my blue badge, otherwise the attendants try directing me to the normal (not widened) parking

Yes I always show my blue badge, otherwise the attendants try directing me to the normal (not widened) parking bays.
Forgive me for asking but you have a wheelchair or ambulant space? My friend has a wheelchair space and the stewards have tried to make us park in the ambulant spaces on a few occasions.

No issue with this.

Priority for the nearest spaces? Absolutely fair enough - don't think anyone will argue that.

Getting something for free that everyone else has to pay for? Fuck that - why should everyone else have to pay for something that another group gets for free.

Whether City should be charging season ticket holders (able and disabled) for parking is a separate issue.

Forgive me for asking but you have a wheelchair or ambulant space? My friend has a wheelchair space and the stewards have tried to make us park in the ambulant spaces on a few occasions.
I have a wheelchair space. Same with me, they’ve tried to direct me to non widened bays on at least 4 times, telling me that wheelchair spaces have been over booked. That’s why I don’t accept the 50% no shows excuse.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.