City v Arsenal Post Match Thread

Great game.That 20 min spell 2nd half was great to watch.We won every ball in midfield,attacked non stop and the crowd lapped it up.

ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS.

Did anyone watch BBC1 Final Score with Keown and Crookes? What a couple of ---kers and just a tad jealous that their teams have both been hit for six in the last few weeks by a far superior side. Next up is Hansen's lot. Same again boys.

Rodney said:
Wenger generous in defeat gain.................

“City were not unbeatable today. City are one of the teams to beat this season but not more so than other teams we have played this season.

“We’ve played Everton who are as good as City. We’ve played Southampton who are as good as City.”

1232i4j.jpg

ElanJo said:
vintiz said:
We had the chance to play 4-2-2-2 and 4-2-3-1, which do you think was more effective and potent ?

i said before the game, as I did before the Bayern game at home, that 2 up top was a gamble, and i still think so. But it was a gamble that paid off this time. We started well and that made all the difference, I reckon.

i did feel better once Navas came on tho. Arse were starting to control the game at that point but the extra man in CM put a stop to that.

It all worked a treat today but against better teams than Arsenal (CL) I'd start with the extra midfielder from the start and change things later on if needed. Away goals are killers

Well 5 in mid field didn't prevent them from scoring !

1st half we were brilliant apart from the finishing

2nd half was mixed. For a spell we lost control at 3-2 before Wenger got his subs totally wrong and left them wide open at the back.

Gutted about losing Aguero. After CSKA Moscow we lost Fernandinho and SIlva and ended up dropping points at Sunderland. I hope we wont drop points in Aguero's absence

The arsenal hand ball in first half was more of a penalty than the zabaletta shout (thigh to shoulder, never a pen a million years) - maybe one of the gif geniuses could show the 2 incidents.

Fuckin hate arsenal with a passion - what a bunch of classless, whingeing wankers - players, fans and especially the manager

ElanJo said:
vintiz said:
We had the chance to play 4-2-2-2 and 4-2-3-1, which do you think was more effective and potent ?

i said before the game, as I did before the Bayern game at home, that 2 up top was a gamble, and i still think so. But it was a gamble that paid off this time. We started well and that made all the difference, I reckon.

i did feel better once Navas came on tho. Arse were starting to control the game at that point but the extra man in CM put a stop to that.

It all worked a treat today but against better teams than Arsenal (CL) I'd start with the extra midfielder from the start and change things later on if needed. Away goals are killers

I'm with you about 2 up top away from home but at the Etihad I think we're OK with it. We put so much pressure on teams with Aguero and Negredo.

Over the moon about the game. Thought we dominated them. Gave away a stupid first goal where Yaya got too comfortable. The other 2 were very similar in that the team switched off knowing the game was won. Dinho was fabulous as usual. Glad to see he's finally getting the respect he deserves. Nasri and Silva were terrific. Vinnie was immense and showed that level in the title season. Clchy was good even though he was away for a bit. Yaya was great when he wanted to be but needs to stay focused for the full 90. Pants was good. Certainly no chance on the first 2. Thought MP made great subs.

laserblue said:
Did Ramsey play today? I can't say I noticed him. Wilshere neither. In the 2nd half Arsenal's midfield disintegrated completely. They had no-one in or around the centre circle leaving Yaya and the superb Fernandinho completely free to run riot. Superb performance and once again it could have been 10 although some Gooners are claiming the 2 offside goals were legitimate (despite the first one having been blown before Giroud even shot) as well as claiming a penalty for handball which from where I was hit Zab's leg first and bounced up to his arm.

city defence stopped playing when giroud put the ball in the net (couldnt hit a barn door when hes onside) , bendtner was half a yard offside , zabs played the ball with his knee and it hit his arm , which was in a normal position by his side. Arsenal did miss a couple of chances , but we missed at least eight scoring opportunites , negredo 2 , nasri , aguero , navas , milner , etc etc .
Arsenal should be grateful , it could have been a lot worse , wenger was his usual uncomplmentary self , i dont know any gooner supporter , player or management that has an ounce of humility , they are a very sad football club , living on past glories and having blind faith in a manger who lost the ability to win a trophy years ago , (apart from the top 4 trophy) :)

vintiz said:
ElanJo said:
vintiz said:

Well 5 in mid field didn't prevent them from scoring !

They only scored 1 tho. We scored 4 (or was it 3? - all i remember from the game is the net bulging lol)

IrelandSuperman said:
Credit to Le Arse they made this a very strong contender for game of the season. Exciting to watch but we were just so so awesome. Gutted for Ferna not sealing his hat trick from the spot but he didn't seem to mind.

BLUE MOON... ^^

He didn't mind at all. Was all over Yaya with congrats. I noticed today just how many smiles and thumbs up our players were giving each other to acknowledge good passes or whatever. Team spirit is in great shape (even allowing for the winning streak).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.