City v Chelsea Post Match Discussion

harry the plumber said:
AustinBlue said:
harry the plumber said:
No.
What we have are some fans who are a little bit reluctant to admit Roberto might have got it right.

That's not fair. I think Roberto got this game exactly right. I just think that any team that has given us problems has pressed us and Chelsea looked incapable.

They looked incapable because we made them look that way.
Chelsea are the champs of Europe,and i don`t think having to play for 90 mins on Thursday had any bearing on yesterdays result.

common man lets use some common sense it was a bit of both. They did look lethargic but tactically we had them by the balls and since we where fresh and went guns blazing that's why it looked like a complete master class.

harry the plumber said:
AustinBlue said:
harry the plumber said:
No.
What we have are some fans who are a little bit reluctant to admit Roberto might have got it right.

That's not fair. I think Roberto got this game exactly right. I just think that any team that has given us problems has pressed us and Chelsea looked incapable.

Chelsea are the champs of Europe,and i don`t think having to play for 90 mins on Thursday had any bearing on yesterdays result.

How does being champions of Europe make them immune to being tired on three days rest relative to the champions of England who got a week's rest?

Mancini got this one right for a change. Back to the 4-2-3-1 that won us the title and playing Yaya where he's most dangerous, at the base of the 3. Garcia and Rodwell did a fine job, Rodwell particularly getting forward into dangerous positions, which Barry doesn't do enough for me. The only thing I didn't like was Aguero being too far on the left, which hampers us in the first half as he was on the ball when he should have been in the box. Neither Silva or Milner are natural predators and tend to fall back to the area just outside the box, leaving us short of targets in the danger area so Luiz and Cahill could defend the ball rather than having to pick up a man. Tevez coming on made it harder for Chelsea in that respect.

AustinBlue said:
harry the plumber said:
AustinBlue said:

How does being champions of Europe make them immune to being tired on three days rest relative to the champions of England who got a week's rest?
Because they are used to playing 2 games every 3 or 4 days.
If teams who have a weeks rest are going to have such an edge on teams who have played 3 days before. How come the premier league is always won by teams who are also involved in a Euro competition.?

AustinBlue said:
harry the plumber said:
Ducado said:
so you are saying we did not play well and we only won because Chelsea were poor? We have some strange fans on here

No.

I think that's fair comment. As muvh as we were good, Chelsea were very poor. I'm not sure whether that was down to tiredness or an over-cautious manager, however City must improve their finishing. Aguero's work rate and general play was very good, but his finishing was not.

Ducado said:
bazbarrybazzer said:
mammutly said:
Surely, he's taking the piss. A fucking joke of a post anyway.

He has an history of shit like this.

He is history

Great decision to get rid of him he was clearly a united fan. You could tell that because he wasn't on here slagging the team off and screaming for the manager to go everytime city got beat, and he wasn't blowing smoke up every players arse when they won a game

Crazy for him to claim chelsea were tired after playing a game on Thursday, because we never look 'sluggish' after a mid-week match.

Well done Mr Author lets get eveybody on this web-site all pushing in the same direction.

He'll have to console himself by going to the game and chatting shit about city with his mates instead of joining in ,on-line, with the boys, but knowing rags he'll probably join under a different name ( what an idiot )

Kind regards

CaliforniaBlue said:
Great strike from Tevez who, let's be honest, had f**ked up every time he'd touched the ball before that and was wandering around doing bugger all whenever Chelsea had the ball. So let's not start the "Tevez should start every game" crap.
Rubbish

Pics and comments on the Chelsea game are now online at
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.rtfract.com/citfeb13b.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.rtfract.com/citfeb13b.htm</a>

You outplayed us and deserved the win. Rafa got it tactically wrong (huge surprise) and your team may have been fresher but your players were clearly just much more up for it. I thought we deserved at least a goal though. Tevez continues his run against us!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.