City v Chelsea Post Match Thread

bluemc1 said:
steviemc said:
bluemc1 said:
right not read anything yet just got back but here is what i made of it all FWIW,
the best team won, Navas worked his bollocks off (our MOTM), can't call MP for going 4-4-2 as we have been smashing teams but it didn't work, he now really does need to learn that sometimes you have to take the opposition into account and play according,
when faced with a team with top class players and we not having all the possession they will have the ball enough to exploit how open we are at the back and punish us when they get there, not moaning still having the best season and loving it but i said on the "opinions on Barca" thread that 4-4-2 v Barca home or away they will tear us apart

does anyone else feel its so much harder to take a loss these days ?
I'm still prepared for defeats, but what I don't get it how after a defeat there are suggestions about selling half the team, this player and that player is suddenly shite, and similar talk like that. This never used to happen supporting our club. We'd talk about positive ways to improve, and accept that some games were lost purely because we just weren't at the races. At times it seems like some fans just want to buy and sell as if they're playing Football Manager, thinking that is the only way you can win matches.

just ignore it mate i do, my GF was laughing in the car driving home cos my old fella was on speaker phone moaning how MP should of done this and that and i was going "yeah dad yeah" while giving the dash the bird, did people think we were never going to lose a big game at home ? sometimes managers get thing wrong but as long as we get it right more often than not we will be ok, stick Kun Fern and Nasri in that side tonight and i think we win but we all have to deal with injuries and we can just hope we have most available for the big games, Bad Timing Bad Result, Move on

yeah but no but yeah but

Mdoomed.jpg

Re: We had to Lose Sometime

Chipmeister said:
Agreed we were due a defeat, and Chelsea were very good against us tonight. We missed our injured players big time and it showed our squad strength is not what everyone spouts on about, especially in midfield.

Let's hope we can go on another run which is the perfect time to do so, on a brighter note maybe a few managers watching tonight will think it is the way to play and beat us which when we play well will suit us. We had the opportunities tonight and did not take them, that does not happen very often.

Agreed any team that has a player of Boyata's ability on the bench in a game like this deserves fook all. Our squad quality is an Urban myth! It doesn't exist!!

Re: We had to Lose Sometime

yep fair play they deserved it on the night tbf

the cockney tw@ts

Not read the thread so apologies if already said

For me Pellers got his tactics wrong tonight given the players available. He said he had to shuffle his team which is fair enough but sometimes you have to shuffle and adapt your tactics to players available . What we had available was not able to play 4-2-2-2 and beat a top team

Without Sergio tracking back to put pressure on the midfield , Fernandihos box to box midfield role or Nasri playing inside to out and on top of that Negerdo obviously unfit as well as Milner he needed to adapt. MDM did okay at what he does but aint box to box.

Pellers should have played the extra midfielder to match Chelsea given the players available and allowed Yaya and Silva to join in up front as as when. This would have given us a 4-3-3 / 4-5-1 set up and helped maintain our passing game. I think we saw when Jovetic came on we got more control of the game as he dropped deeper than Edin or Negredo. . This would have meant that one of chelseas centre backs would maybe have had to follow into the middle leaving space behind.

Its not the end of the world but the only slight worry is similar happened v munich at home. The tactics seemed inflexible regardless of players. Hopefully the lesson is now learned going forward. Against the top teams we have to sometime change approach according to personel available

on a plus not thought Jovetic looked good.

Got to take your hat off to Mouriniho, he completely outdid pele tonight. I know we had injuries, but that was no excuse for leaving us outnumbered, by one, in midfield, for nearly the whole game, making it easier for them to counter attack at pace everytime we lost the ball. Surely Dzeko (who gave us nothing all game) should have gone off, and Milner brought on, to even things up in the middle, as early as half an hour into the game when we were clearly struggling in that dept.

25 shots - 3 on target!

Possession - 65% v 35%

Possession is nothing if you don't capitalize on it. I think given the injuries this one should be put down as a bad day at the office. Still disappointed though.

The key thing is how we react next game.

gh_mcfc said:
Not read the thread so apologies if already said

For me Pellers got his tactics wrong tonight given the players available. He said he had to shuffle his team which is fair enough but sometimes you have to shuffle and adapt your tactics to players available . What we had available was not able to play 4-2-2-2 and beat a top team

Without Sergio tracking back to put pressure on the midfield , Fernandihos box to box midfield role or Nasri playing inside to out and on top of that Negerdo obviously unfit as well as Milner he needed to adapt. MDM did okay at what he does but aint box to box.

Pellers should have played the extra midfielder to match Chelsea given the players available and allowed Yaya and Silva to join in up front as as when. This would have given us a 4-3-3 / 4-5-1 set up and helped maintain our passing game. I think we saw when Jovetic came on we got more control of the game as he dropped deeper than Edin or Negredo. . This would have meant that one of chelseas centre backs would maybe have had to follow into the middle leaving space behind.

Its not the end of the world but the only slight worry is similar happened v munich at home. The tactics seemed inflexible regardless of players. Hopefully the lesson is now learned going forward. Against the top teams we have to sometime change approach according to personel available

on a plus not thought Jovetic looked good.
Agree with this.
Just got back from the game slightly pissed , but the the big mistake Pelly made was to play De Mick in midfield, should have been Jovetic or Milner and wrong to blindly stick to 442, five in midfield and 1 up front would have been better.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.