City v Chelsea post match

we threw the points away.

Hazard was the best player on the pitch but really that was a game we should have won comfortably. John Stones can't defend. And we don't have enough players who can score goals.

The only positive for me was Sane who looked like he is going to be a player. We need to get him on the ball a lot more
I don't know why we didn't give sane the ball more instead of forcing it to navas over and over again on the right

It was a concern. He seemed to lack composure when coming on, and it's not the first time. I believe if game time will improve this, and help his development he should be loaned out. I do not blame him.
I take it you are referring to Nacho? Aguero's ban will give him game-time. After that baring in mind the numerous chances we are missing I would consider two up front to take the pressure off our little Argentinian. The solution to missing a vast amount of chances is to have more people on the pitch who can convert them - not create even more chances for the existing incumbents to miss.

there defenders handles the pressure well...blockinf shots, making tackles not getting caught one vs one, not getting caught under the ball.......unlike ours.

We simply cant defend and chelsea can very well as well as being good going forward (though our defensive approach certainly helped that)
And the ref?

Not really, but even if I accept what you say, the fact is we didn't kill the game and we aren't raving about it. It's yet another game were we are saying "we should have won that".

We're either the most unlucky team ever, or we have to start to think why is it we keep saying "we should have won that".

Because we keep missing chances & have defenders who are fucking shite.

One, we should be able to solve this season, which will take the pressure off the other, but never ever cure it, as the defenders are fucking shite.

But imo so is Boateng etc, & that hasn't stopped Pep. Main diffefence he's big fast & shite, as opposed to Otamendi.

i would have thought pep would have turned ottamendi from a league one defender by now but no he hasn't,
hes fuckin shite along with the keeper, we need 3 defenders at least to turn this around,if you cant win a game 1-0
you will not win this league

Pretty much it in terms of what we need if you cannot grind out 1-0 wins.

I would give up on either yet but clearly I would prefer players who can be relied upon in getting the job done more often than we do currently.

Again 5 games without maximum points in 14 and still Liverpool and Arsenal to play.

We are on target to drop points in at least 14 games this year and I say at least with some reservation.

That won't be good enough.

Already Arsenal , Spurs , Liverpool and Chelsea have more points than the same time last year differentially speaking then we have.

That's the stat that concerns me more than anything else.

Thought we played well - for the most part I was thinking how well we were on top of supposedly the best team in the league. Finishing, Otamendi and the ref were ultimately our downfall.
The night Hazzard took us apart was nothing like today.

Well we certainly can't defend. Stones can't tackle. I don't think Chelsea defended very well given that Aguero could easily have had a hattrick
but they made blocks and last ditch tackles...that is part of defending .....our defenders did cause our set up makes us very vulnerable and our defenders cant handle it

as someone else said it......you need incredible talented athletic defenders to defend the way Pep wants.....we have only one of those and he is permanently injured

I take it you are referring to Nacho? Aguero's ban will give him game-time. After that baring in mind the numerous chances we are missing I would consider two up front to take the pressure off our little Argentinian. The solution to missing a vast amount of chances is to have more people on the pitch who can convert them - not create even more chances for the existing incumbents to miss.

I agree. 5 in midfield is enough. If we insist on playing three at the back we should have two up front.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.