City v Chelsea post match

I don't know why we didn't give sane the ball more instead of forcing it to navas over and over again on the right
Maybe the players don't trust him yet, but I think he'll go on to be become a really good player. Navas is not good enough. I was disappointed to see him start. I thought in general play we were much better than Chelsea, but they have players who can score goals whereas we only have De Bruyne and Aguero and when they have a bad day, that's it.

Once again we get caught with a long ball over the top. Attacker gets one on one with our central defender and its no contest. we're too easy to play against.

Another problem: No leadership.

I don't know why we didn't give sane the ball more instead of forcing it to navas over and over again on the right

Sane deserves to play on the right wing. Play someone else on the left. This guy is the plus I'm taking out of today's game. He's the best wide player we've got right now (not including Gabriel Jesus yet), and will get better with games.

He can't change approach, anymore than Fat Sam can play like Barca. He needs better players. But he can still win stuff with shit defenders and would have beaten the form team today, easily, if our attacking players had done their jobs.

Why cant he change his approach?

And i fully disagree on the beating chelsea bit cause the same could be said of them...they could have had more as well.

Sort the defence out first - that is the key

Got to say mate I totally agree , its been said before but our recruitment in that department is nothing short of a disgrace , we have cried out for new fullbacks for two fucking seasons, Mangala dogshit, Otimendi a liability- better of with a pair of boots strapped to his arse he spends that much time on the floor.Until this glaringly obvious problem is sorted then we will continue to struggle against ANY team in the PL and Europe.

Txiki has recruited poorly in that department and even the most arduent lovers of him can't deny it-garbage.

Fernandinho yet again putting fires out on his own in the middle, what does Gundogan actually bring to the team?

We lose the ball in and around the edge of the opposition penalty area and you can read what will follow, bang bang goal .

Far far to lightweight and we have been saying for two seasons now someone going to get a real pasting -when's it going to happen?

It's who you sign which is the bigger problem imo.

I've not seen any defenders who aren't shite. They had a back ten today, under an Italian manager, & still we should have scored 6. One cb scored an og, the other should have been sent off & the keeper/cb gave Aguero the ball 8 yards out.

Van Dijk is a flawed player, yet possibly the best option in the Prem. That's scary.

Ive gone over that.

The ref got a call wrong regarding Luiz. He should have gone end of.

However the ref ant responsible for our pis poor defending and tactics that leave defenders constantly one vs one when they simply cant handle it

Blame the ref all you want but its hiding from the truth if you think we lost that game cause of the ref.
So do you think the ref's decision on Luiz had an impact on the game?

Maybe it's more a case of the opposition allow us to easily get the ball to Navas... because they know how completely ineffectual he'll be once he's got it?

Chelsea put away their chances, we can't / didn't. It's been the same shit for a while now. We seem insistent in trying to walk the ball into the goal or the million dollar pass. Angers me beyond belief.

Why cant he change his approach?

And i fully disagree on the beating chelsea bit cause the same could be said of them...they could have had more as well.

Sort the defence out first - that is the key

If City had scored when they should, Chelsea would not have had most of the chances they created & wd would be breaking on them rather than the other way around.

Pep will leave rather than change.

He will try to sort out the defence, but they are shit. Much easier to get world class attackers scoring.

So do you think the ref's decision on Luiz had an impact on the game?

potentially - they could have gone ultra defensive and still hit us on the break or they may have crumbled

Our defensive set up and individuals not being good enough to play in that definitely had an impact on the game

Luiz not being on the pitch had nothing to do with the appalling defending and wide open spaces in out defence that allowed William, Hazard etc the freedom of the park to run at statues resembling Kolarov and Ottomendi

Turned off after their third. So missed sending offs.

I thought today City were better in terms of the speed of our build up in oppo half, which was an improvement on recent league games. However not being able to hit a barn door and playing john stones at the back on his own is clearly hindering us.

Chelsea were clinical today, but we had chances to be comfortable in the first 60 mins, even without a defence.

Didn't take them and that's that.

Not good enough this year, players at the back are not good enough and too much pressure on the forwards to score to counter this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.