City v Chelsea post match

potentially - they could have gone ultra defensive and still hit us on the break or they may have crumbled

Our defensive set up and individuals not being good enough to play in that definitely had an impact on the game

Luiz not being on the pitch had nothing to do with the appalling defending and wide open spaces in out defence that allowed William, Hazard etc the freedom of the park to run at statues resembling Kolarov and Ottomendi
I stopped after potentially....

Tbh if you post potentially they you are defo on the WUM
See you

Still fuming by the cheating english ref, but what's the purpose of Clichy, anyway?

Clichy is finished. Was good for us in years past but date of birth disease has well and truly overtaken him. Why Sagna didn't come on at CB and move Kolarov to LB left me wondering. But then again so did subbing Stones when Otamendi stayed on the park.

I've never, ever criticised Aguero but he acted a complete twat today, from taking the piss for the own goal to the assault at the end.

Some really good play but the game was thrown away by progligate finishing, the usual comedic defending and a goalie whose company car must be a fcukin Italian tank. (Plus some poor refereeing but don't let that be a get-out card.)

Wish to fcuk Guardiola would shut up with the "I'm so happy" shit after every game. I'm not so fcukin happy, as it happens, Mr Pep.

If City had scored when they should, Chelsea would not have had most of the chances they created & wd would be breaking on them rather than the other way around.

Pep will leave rather than change.

He will try to sort out the defence, but they are shit. Much easier to get world class attackers scoring.

Are KDB, Sterling , Gundogan & Silva going to pitch in with enough goals to take the ever growing pressure on Kun? It's a definite no from Silva and IG, Kev is more of a provider now in this system and Sterling is Sterling -flurrys then fuck all for 10 games.

We need a top drawer second goal scorer to put these chances in the back of the net, fingers crossed and I'm sure he will be step forward GJ.

The FB positions are the most important areas where we need to improve IMO, we look soft out wide in the final third- Kolorov today showed how fucking shit he is at defending, Stones doesn't suit a back three on the right side of it- feel really sorry for Stones, he's the only one who looks remotely good enough with the right defenders around him.

Because at 2-0 their situation is desperate rather than redeemable with one boot upfield. So the game changes.
Exactly goals change games we go 2 nil up they get desperate we pick them off the defence wont win you a game if the attack don't score goals

they would still have scored the goals they did......

Impossible to say. But pretty unlikely the 3rd would be Kolarov on his own v Hazard if we were 2 or 3 up.

Incidentally on the other thread you have just said how brilliant Chelsea were & how well their defenders pkayed.

So we must have been a bit special to create so many guilt edged chancs v such a team mustn't we?

My two penneth..

Really frustrated to be honest. We carved them open at times (when we played forwards at pace). Awful finishing, very poor organisation, build up play too slow too often, poor decision making and, sadly, I just think that other teams want it more than us too often. We're struggling in front of goal and couldn't defend a lead if our lives depended on it. The keeper is light years behind what we need. Why didn't he come off his line for their 3rd? His shot stopping leaves a lot to be desired, his distribution isn't that great and I feel that he causes us to play too deep. To his credit, he does show for the ball but he's often on the touch line and has to play it across the goal. He worries me. That said, I still think over all we were the better side. They took their chances. We had 14 shots and only 5 on target, I don't recall any of them particularly testing the keeper.

The ref had a real shocker today, one of the worst in a long time. The thing is, we still had opportunities to put that game to bed and we didn't.

Positive for me today, I thought Sane showed promise at times. A couple of great runs forward and the square ball on the volley to Aguero was spot on, even though he should have been selfish and just twatted it into the back of the net. He needs to work on his defensive game and learn how to tackle.

The league are also going to fuck us over the scenes at the end. Rightly so unfortunately. I get that our players were frustrated, but if we put the rent boys away when we had the chances to, none of it would have happened.

Are KDB, Sterling , Gundogan & Silva going to pitch in with enough goals to take the ever growing pressure on Kun? It's a definite no from Silva and IG, Kev is more of a provider now in this system and Sterling is Sterling -flurrys then fuck all for 10 games.

We need a top drawer second goal scorer to put these chances in the back of the net, fingers crossed and I'm sure he will be step forward GJ.

The FB positions are the most important areas where we need to improve IMO, we look soft out wide in the final third- Kolorov today showed how fucking shit he is at defending, Stones doesn't suit a back three on the right side of it- feel really sorry for Stones, he's the only one who looks remotely good enough with the right defenders around him.

We need pace at least as an option, at fullback & cb imo.

If we have to have shit defenders, at least make them fast & shit. And preferably strong too.

replace the word aggressive with brainless, why does he get shafted one on one time and time again
But he's still a better defender then the majority of the others. He does a lot of good defending but of course people only remember the bad bits of defending.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.