City v CSKA Moscow Post Match Discussion Thread

No complaints today..now just a bit more focus on the league and getting our defence sorted out (Please!) and we got all reasons to feel confident

I'm With Stupid said:
Blue Haze said:
Only negative was at the back.
Even then, we limited them to long range shots in that second half. Other than a very dubious penalty, that is.

Fantastic. I've never seen us that comfortably taking an opponent apart before. Well, other than Saturday.
And the 4-1 not counting the 1-6

Watched the second half on silent thanks to the Tyler creature. Worse at his job than the Norwich defence.
Aguero is breath-taking, one of the best I have ever seen, maybe even better than Niall Quinn.

Re: City v CSKA (home) post match thread

Awesome tonight. Great moment for the club & the start of things to come!

Agüero was otherworldly for about 25 minutes and then just run of the mill world-class. ;-)

Nasri, Silva, and Toure played very well--I hope David is ok.

Some well say Negredo's hattrick was not that impressive but I very much disagree: he plays a very subtle but highly skilled combination of deceptive pace, strength, and positioning. He is the ultimate poacher, which we have desperately needed, as it is a perfect foil to an outstanding dribbling, finesse, and power player like Agüero.

I'm With Stupid said:
Blue Haze said:
Only negative was at the back.
Even then, we limited them to long range shots in that second half. Other than a very dubious penalty, that is.

Fantastic. I've never seen us that comfortably taking an opponent apart before. Well, other than Saturday.

Agree. Yes, we're still not great at the back, but they had what, two, maybe three chances all match? Being ridiculously overplayed, mainly by that twunt Tyler.

Going forward we were just awesome, a joy to watch, After some of the fairly turgid stuff we played at times last season, so enjoyable to see us playing with so much freedom again.

Re: City v CSKA (home) post match thread

Magnificent at times and when we really needed to be. Substitutions slowed us down a little but 5 goals in the CL is never to be sniffed at.

Onwards and most definitely upwards ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.