CITY V FC Barcelona, Wednesday 9th Oct 2024, 8PM. Home leg. UWCL

Taylor seems quite positive about Layzell's injury, which is good news.
For those that haven't seen it:

"It was a weird action if I'm honest. My first instinct was 'I hope that's not her Achilles' but she seems kind of OK and is presenting something more like a rolled ankle. At the moment our physios are pretty positive."

I was so impressed by City in pre-season, even in the game you lost to PSG, that I have you as favourites for the WSL. I also believed you would beat Barcelona last night. The thing which impressed me was the quality in your squad. Quality in depth. It's a long season, but right now City are the team to watch.

The only thing that provides me hope as a Chelsea fan is that Brighton gave you a real good game the weekend before last. It's fair to say that Brighton are looking much improved so far this season but, even so, I didn't expect them to compete so well against you. I'm clinging to the hope that others can do what they did but right now City are the team to beat.
You have saved me from having to scroll through a number of threads as whilst I remember you saying you thought we would win I couldn't remember where it was posted. Fair play to you as you were the only one predicting a positive result for us.

Chuffed to bits about last night. Outstanding individual performances all round and the collective commitment from the team to the game plan was so great to see.

Yamashita - did fine but I do think her distribution will need to improve quickly to play in a team like ours. Love how Keating seems to have taken the change of direction on the chin though. She seems really positive and seems to have struck a supportive relationship with Yamashita.

Layzell - looked absolute class. Being asked to play out of position in her CL debut against Barcelona and she looked so calm and assured. Her assist to Bunny was out of this world. Really great young talent but already seems so experienced thanks to having played first team football from such a young age.

Aleixandri - Really showed her class. Pay her whatever she wants to stay. She'd be so difficult to replace.

Yui - Best player in her position in the world right now. She's our metronome and irreplaceable.

Park - Was worried we might be overran like in the Arsenal game with her playing more like an 8 to accommodate other players, but she ran her socks off and harried and pressed. Some great dribbles too. Really great to see

Miedema - Looked tired in the last half hour as she's still building her fitness up but she worked so hard. So much went through her and she kept Walsh very quiet. Did a lot of unglamorous work really efficiently and I'm excited to see her settle in more and more.

Fowler - She's had to be so patient and RW isn't her first choice position but was so pleased for her to get a start in a game like this. She was instrumental especially in the first half and was spraying passes De Bruyne-esque passes around for fun.

Casparij - Again, worked her socks off and did so much mopping up when being asked to play out of position. Great player.

Shaw - They couldn't handle her physicality and although she was a little bit greedy at times (to be expected of a striker of her ilk) she put in such a shift defensively as well as up front. Things aren't usually going well for us when Shaw is having to come deep but it was all part of the plan yesterday and she was great.

Hemp - So so strong and such a hard worker. Unlucky to not get a goal either. Really hope she felt vindicated last night in her choice to stay at City. We're very lucky to have her.

Greenwood - Proper captain's performance and had Putellas rattled.

There was the odd misplaced pass and some fannying around at the back that had me stressed at times but I don't want to fault anyone really because it was a special team performance.

Never thought I’d type this while Taylor was in charge, but through gritted fingers I thought City were excellent tonight. Also I remember seeing Bunny Shaw’s first 2 games and thinking she’s not much of a footballer - how wrong I was.
When I saw Naomi was at RB i groaned as she was not my first choice ..I predicted we'd get rinsed on that side and not have much threat there either . Very happy to be completely wrong . Mary , Jess and Naomi were " you shall not pass " with Hewe available for the out ball . Classic City pressing . Goes without saying Lisa is like two players tracking back for us time and again on the left .

When I saw Naomi was at RB i groaned as she was not my first choice ..I predicted we'd get rinsed on that side and not have much threat there either . Very happy to be completely wrong . Mary , Jess and Naomi were " you shall not pass " with Hewe available for the out ball . Classic City pressing . Goes without saying Lisa is like two players tracking back for us time and again on the left .
Never seen us play as well as we did last night

Chuffed to bits about last night. Outstanding individual performances all round and the collective commitment from the team to the game plan was so great to see.

Yamashita - did fine but I do think her distribution will need to improve quickly to play in a team like ours. Love how Keating seems to have taken the change of direction on the chin though. She seems really positive and seems to have struck a supportive relationship with Yamashita.

Layzell - looked absolute class. Being asked to play out of position in her CL debut against Barcelona and she looked so calm and assured. Her assist to Bunny was out of this world. Really great young talent but already seems so experienced thanks to having played first team football from such a young age.

Aleixandri - Really showed her class. Pay her whatever she wants to stay. She'd be so difficult to replace.

Yui - Best player in her position in the world right now. She's our metronome and irreplaceable.

Park - Was worried we might be overran like in the Arsenal game with her playing more like an 8 to accommodate other players, but she ran her socks off and harried and pressed. Some great dribbles too. Really great to see

Miedema - Looked tired in the last half hour as she's still building her fitness up but she worked so hard. So much went through her and she kept Walsh very quiet. Did a lot of unglamorous work really efficiently and I'm excited to see her settle in more and more.

Fowler - She's had to be so patient and RW isn't her first choice position but was so pleased for her to get a start in a game like this. She was instrumental especially in the first half and was spraying passes De Bruyne-esque passes around for fun.

Casparij - Again, worked her socks off and did so much mopping up when being asked to play out of position. Great player.

Shaw - They couldn't handle her physicality and although she was a little bit greedy at times (to be expected of a striker of her ilk) she put in such a shift defensively as well as up front. Things aren't usually going well for us when Shaw is having to come deep but it was all part of the plan yesterday and she was great.

Hemp - So so strong and such a hard worker. Unlucky to not get a goal either. Really hope she felt vindicated last night in her choice to stay at City. We're very lucky to have her.

Greenwood - Proper captain's performance and had Putellas rattled.

There was the odd misplaced pass and some fannying around at the back that had me stressed at times but I don't want to fault anyone really because it was a special team performance.
Great analysis . Miedema kept Walsh so quiet I hardly realized she was playing .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.