City v Liverpool Post Match

FCPorto Fan said:
As expected another massive game from Fernando... becoming as important to MCFC as he was at FCPorto, cant wait to see until Mangala starts playing

Also, sorry for the off topic but is there a section to introduce new members of the forum? Thanks in advance

No we don't have a special section for new posters just dive in

Back to the game considering Liverpool normally play up at our place we won at a cantor

FogBlueInSanFran said:
chicagoblues said:
Aguero_Element said:
It was city fans lol, also once a blue always a blue
Fantastic ...Mario loves city and never heard him bad mouth .

Speaking of this, as I suspect there are more and more of us non-Mancs who follow the club from abroad (though I come out to matches once or twice a year usually), it'd be great to have a song thread where those singing can post their clever taunts from each match.

Most long-following tourists like me know (or should know) the classics, but when I've been to matches at sat near the aways there's always some top banter between folks in the lower 100s and opposing contingent.

Our singing match-going blues always seem to have something clever up their sleeve, but it's hard to hear via the television broadcast and if it's offensive (read: funny) in any way, the announcers won't mention it.

For example, I recall the "Shit Michael Jackson" chant at Nani during 1-6 which was so loud I could actually understand it via the broadcast, but most of the time I can't . . . especially when I'm in my pub for a match as I was today.

So . . . anything from today that was particularly good? Besides us serenading Balo?

"You've seen the Champs, now fuck off home"

We controlled most of the game and played some great footy to keep the ball. I was never worried until the last 5 minutes but that was down to having a first goal/correct score double up,

The message has been sent, second gear and we brushed them aside with ease in the second half. According to the wreath layer, the game does not mean very much, bollocks, I'm with Pell, this was a 6 pointer even at this stage of the season.
Well done City..!!!

The David Silva love-in from Michael Cox:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/aug/25/manchester-city-liverpool-tactics" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.theguardian.com/football/blo ... ol-tactics</a>

Lots of admiration below-the-line too.

Great result even though we didn't get out of third gear for much of the game. Thought Clichy played well. A shame we didn't do more to exploit the pace of Navas in the final 15 minutes, would have absolutely loved a 4th goal.

Was worried about Edin: he seemed to be hobbling about for at least 5 mins before he was subbed off.

Please City, sort out half-time: last night was embarrassing...

just frightening the amount of quality and class we have at our disposal

world class second goal

quite impressed with the improvements in the ground, the new big screens and 2 tier advertising, very effective

We let Liverpool having more of the ball in the first half hour. Sometimes sloppy, playing a lot of long balls (not like us) and giving away freekicks and corners too easily. Again, it seems to me we let them have the possesion; they were not taking it by control.
Once we scored it was a different look, despite handing Liverpool a few minor opportunities. The 2nd goal was simply fantastic and from than on we could have gone on and thrashed them. Jovetic actually should have scored a third with the easiest of chances. And what luxury to be able to bring on Navas and Aguero.
Think we are still just warming up the engine, and if we have it'll soon be the all-out attacking force that was a joy to watch last year. And we can still look foreward to see the debuts of Sagna and Mangala.

On players performances, I thought Clichy had a very good gam. It was fantastic to see Zabaleta play like ... Zabaleta. And Fernando is looking a true bargain already. Obviously Jovetic was great and his movement is amazing. Looks like he ran the miles with ease. No-one really had an offday.

It seems the players who did have the full preseason are clearly in better shape over 90 minutes. It just shows how important a preseason is. And that preseason is not about results or winning some meaningless cup on the other side of the Atlantic.

I'm not sure I agree with Liverpool having the better of the first half. Pellegrini has obviously learned from his first season and we sat deeper than usual, and had a lot of men behind the ball. Rodgers had expected the usual high line and set up to attack us on the break, except we didn't give them that chance. Liverpool didn't have the guile to break us down, and as we all know, Brendan doesn't do Plan B's.
We denied them the chance to break against us at speed and once we'd taken away their best weapon they were pretty toothless.
They were always going to make a mistake and when they did we pounced. It was a fantastic team performance with everyone working hard with and without the ball. The biggest credit has to go to Pellegrini. He's worked Liverpool out and set us up to beat them, no wonder he looked so pleased in his post match interview. I can't wait to see what he does against Chelsea.

A lot of people saying Yaya was quiet but was I the only one who noticed his beautiful possession play? The way he shields the ball and finds the short passes all the time is amazing, such a clever player.

tonea2003 said:
just frightening the amount of quality and class we have at our disposal

world class second goal

quite impressed with the improvements in the ground, the new big screens and 2 tier advertising, very effective

Really? 2nd tier advertising was just distracting. One min the stadium is blue next min bright red. And digital banners wtf!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.