City v Napoli Post Match Discussion Thread

stavros said:
loffers said:
RyantheBlue said:
Lot of poor performances tonight from big players.
Dzeko was okay.
Aguero ineffective.
Silva quiet by his standards.
Yaya bad.
I really do not understand this Yaya is bad argument, did you watch the same game as me?

i thought yaya and dzeko were our 2 best players.
amazing how we can watch the same game yet everyone sees it so so differently

Yaya was just crap.
Dzeko was alright, nothing special.

BillyShears said:
I'm very surprised Yaya's come in for some criticism. I thought he was arguably one of the best players on the park.

It's going to be interesting to see how Nigel and Yaya play together in behind a front four. I think that's going to be a fearsome combination.

Look Yaya gave me one of the best moments of my life. But in my opinion there is a reason why he played 90% of his games for us last season off the centre forward-and thats because he does not work hard enough when we dont have the ball. This is exposed when he plays deeper. The opposition midfield are frequently behind him. DeJong and Barry give us the cover we need if we are to play 2 up, with full backs high up the pitch.

RyantheBlue said:
loffers said:
RyantheBlue said:
Lot of poor performances tonight from big players.
Dzeko was okay.
Aguero ineffective.
Silva quiet by his standards.
Yaya bad.
I really do not understand this Yaya is bad argument, did you watch the same game as me?

Poor passing, terrible positioning.
Yaya was immense. Played as well tonight as he did in the Cup Semi and Final

Silva and Nasri were blotted out by sheer weight of numbers

cibaman said:
I really enjoyed it, Thought Napoli were very good. The two best teams to play in a match at Eastlands.

They gave us areally hard test, Thought we were on the ropes after their goal. Came back well.

Its in a game as tough as this that you realise that Nasri-Silva-Dzeko-Aguero are only playing their 2nd match together and, despite the Spurs match, will take time to gel in all situations.

... was just thinking it might be the proof that they aren't the answer in all situations, either.

lee-mcfc said:
watching the highlights now why didn't lescott stay with his man , kompany had to run over and try do his job.

When the attackers get it 100% right ( pace of the movement ,timing of the pas,weight of the pass) there is very little defenders can do about it.That's what Napoli did so whether Lescott or Vinnie were perfect is not the point.The mistake was in the midfield.

Lescott had a good defensive game, Vinnie made two shocking mistakes and one great goal line clearance.Not the worst result but we now need a big result in one of the away games which are more than capable of.

They won't play like that away, which is why we will beat them. Basically had their entire team in the box for the entire match.

Bazzmand Show said:
They won't play like that away, which is why we will beat them. Basically had their entire team in the box for the entire match.

How strange. I wonder who those 3 or 4 were who kept breaking at us were?

Hi Guys!
Thank You for the feelings i tried, it was a good game.
I know, we defend in 10 but your power is biggest than ours, so like inter Vs barca we had to defend and go to your goalkeeper.
See you in match return in San Paolo Stadium.
G' Bye.

Nelly's Left Foot said:
Bazzmand Show said:

How strange. I wonder who those 3 or 4 were who kept breaking at us were?

What? Im saying they arnt going to play with 10 men inside our box when we go there, which will give us more space. There counter attacks only came as a result of us committing to many en forward, because of their defense.... Wind you head in mate,

If you think Yaya was bad tonight then book yourself in at Specsavers tomorrow cos you're due an eye test.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.