City v Norwich Post Match Discussion Thread

PhuketBlue said:
Agree with your ratings on the whole but would mark Milner down to a 5 (plenty of effort but very, very poor use of the ball) and would also knock a mark off Nasri. For 10 mins he looks like he's going to be a world beater but then disappears for half an hour. He just doesn't seem to be able to maintain a consistent level of performance. Very frustrating.
Milner was all over the pitch, worked his arse off, his crossing wasn't his best I agree. I'm no Nasri fan, believe me, so I think my mark is fair, but I agree he does frustrate, and he wasn't as good after Tevez went off.

cleavers said:
berniethebusman said:
Look like a team thats had their passion sapped out of them, new manager has his work cut out to reinvigorate this lot.
They looked fine at Reading, 27 shots, 20 on target.

It's because they played away and didn't have to deal with some 40k fans that would rather be somewhere else but came there as they are used to do it on weekends and to prove some of their precious points.

It was a shit, tense week, last few days fans were more talking in what minute to clap and sing about ex manager than how to support a team and club itself, you could cut a bad atmosphere with a knife around anything City related, add to it it's last game of the season, meaningless one and it's absolutely no surprise that team played a shit game.

Some people are expecting that players are robots and that all what was happening and all what they probably expected to happen with fans adding more tense with Mancini stuff, is not something that could influence players. Well, they should ask Chelsea fans to describe them a situation and how their team played at home where they were acting as twats after Di Mateo got sacked.

cleavers said:
Our defending today was w@nk, but I didn't think it was bad game, quite entertaining for such a meaningless match. The best team won, no doubt.

Player ratings...

Hart 6
Zabaleta 7
Richards 5
Lescott 5
Kolorov 3
Toure 4
Milner 7
Rodwell 8
Nasri 7
Dzeko 4
Tevez 7

Aguero 5
Silva 5
Under no circumstances did Richards and Lescott deserve a 5 unless you mean between them but frankly neither deserves the extra point.

citytill1die84 said:
Glad Kidd won't be getting the job full time shocking substitutions. But glad the season is over bring on a blue summer :)

Agree with 'shocking substitutions'. Take off 2 of the few players who looked interested!?
Unless there were instructions coz Carlos is being sold???

Phuket Blue said:
citytill1die84 said:
Glad Kidd won't be getting the job full time shocking substitutions. But glad the season is over bring on a blue summer :)

Agree with 'shocking substitutions'. Take off 2 of the few players who looked interested!?
Possibly. And perhaps instructions not to risk Rodwell for too long either.

up till now i have resisted posting but if the players wanted mancini out and that is their response after getting what they wanted i give up. next season could be a bad time after watching so many lazy players who are not bothered about the fans at all.

taconinja said:
Phuket Blue said:
citytill1die84 said:

Possibly. And perhaps instructions not to risk Rodwell for too long either.

I haven't seen it but remember few guys being worried Rodwell got injured again in 2nd half in match day thread.

Jack_mcfc_ said:
Last game of a poor season still ended up second. Still in champions league next season. Few more additions, and we will go far next season.

Can you imagine putting that team out in the champions league? They would get mullered.

Problem is we have played poorly whenever we have had both Dzeko and Kolarov starting. When I looked at the team sheet I thought they must be window shopping a few of them to other clubs but that's a poor decision too because every time Kolarov plays, his value drops a million.

I'd have understood resting players to play the EDS lads but why rest players like Silva, Clichy, Kompany and Aguero when there is nothing they need rest for?

Either try to f*cking win the game or play the younger players for experience.

There is no excuse for subbing off Tevez and Rodwell who were the only ones, outside of Milner on the odd occasion, to actually run with any purpose.

Yaya should not have lasted beyond half time and how that isn't obvious to Kidd is an absolute head shaker.

Last game at home and 2nd place secured is no excuse not to give a toss when you have 47000 fans paying good money to watch.

Rant over.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.