City v Real Madrid post match

I have to throw my hat into the side of those who think its a very decent result. Not conceding and remaining in the tie was what we needed. It will be a night for brown underpants next Wednesday but i have a gut feeling.

As for the performance tonight, Aguero...i do think he is carrying a knock, something is not right. but we really didnt give alot to the lads up front hence De Bruyne, Ineachio were equally as ineffective.

The Two Ferns outstanding (and i moan about the pair of them) All the back four in particular Otemendi were at worst solid, though how the fuck Vinnie got away with that blatant assault on the edge of the area is beyond me, given the referees second half performance.

Joe Hart, it could just be his tournament .....or hopefully his summer, massive fan of his and also a big critic, but a giant at times of late. Got to agree with him "bring it on" re the second leg, we are right in it......not the slightest bit of doom and gloom here.

Worried that Aguero is about to disappear again. He wasn't even bothering to make a token effort at some of the balls played up to him, just allowing the defender to win it unchallenged & play it where he wanted. Had that been Dzeko he would be hung.

Not like Sergio that. Usually means he's about to collapse.

Thought that during the game. He didn't work the centre halves hard enough for me

Real Madrid learned from the loss in Wolsburg, that going gung ho, is a no no, at this stage.
No Ronaldo, and so they had to play defensive and not to lose, meaning that our chances were few and far between.
In Madrid, Real will attack, even if Ronaldo isn't back, which plays into our hands, more space for the counter, and with Aguero, KDB and Fernandinho surging forward, we have a chance to pick them off and pick up an away goal

real dont need to learn from a semi v wolsberg they have been there 15 times,the rest of your post is correct though and im sure we will get them on the counter

Our back four were immense. Clichy was very good getting to the byline but had nothing to aim at. Fernando mopped up well as did Fernandinho but they were both poor with the ball. De Bruyne came and went into the game, Navas was Navas and Aguero was as poor as I've ever seen him. I don't know if he was carrying a knock but he wasn't at the races at all. Hart was there when it mattered.
Not much else to say. Still think it was an opportunity wasted.

It'll work out just fine, it would have been great to win, but 0-0 at home... perfectly ok too.

Hart
Same back line as tonight
Nando Dinho
Navas KDB Sterling
Aguero

if we get down... bring Yaya in for Nando (assuming he's healthy)
-our old boy has still got a lil magic in him... don't count him out of putting in a 20 min offensive explosion.
(although i'd rather not have that happen, and we draw down in spain)

We will do this, they are nothing more special than us, we will press, score on the break and defend well in Madrid, they've won it 10(???) times, world class, but, we matched then, ffs they are world class !!!! So are we!!!!!!

Worried that Aguero is about to disappear again. He wasn't even bothering to make a token effort at some of the balls played up to him, just allowing the defender to win it unchallenged & play it where he wanted. Had that been Dzeko he would be hung.

Not like Sergio that. Usually means he's about to collapse.

I'm worried as it is evident that he lost lot of his pace and that was his big advantage. It's pretty rare to see him run by the players anymore, he losses the ball most of the times when he tries too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.