City v Real Madrid post match

Worried that Aguero is about to disappear again. He wasn't even bothering to make a token effort at some of the balls played up to him, just allowing the defender to win it unchallenged & play it where he wanted. Had that been Dzeko he would be hung.

Not like Sergio that. Usually means he's about to collapse.
Was feeling his knee midway through the first half , certainly not totally fit tonight

Disappointed with Aguero, and worrying that we looked so vulnerable when defending set pieces.

I thought our lesser players all performed well, but the one thing I hope improves under Pep is our general intelligence when in possession. Too many moves breaking down because we passed too slow/ too quick/ chose the wrong option, or simply made the wrong run, and ended with three players near the corner flag and nobody in the middle.
On the plus side, this is how Pellegrini usually progressed in Europe at Malaga and Villarreal, with home goalless draws. and then scoring away from home.

When you look at the fucking state of City this season, the fact we are carrying injuries & carrying the manager, have only one basic system & sevrral players in the squad past their sell by date, , & are still in with a fucking great chance of playing in the final of the Champions League, imagine what the situation could be after 3 years of Pep Guardiola.

Europe should start shitting themselves even more I recon.

No wonder these cunts are trying so hard to sanction us.

Milan were cautious and we did not have enough in our midfield to break them down....especially after Silva went off

But what we did do superbly throughout was close them down. Keeping Real Madrid down to one or two chances when you're trying to win a game is impressive

We've let teams walk all over us in the Premiership, but no one has done that to us in the Champions League

0-0's a decent result imo, don't think we were on it attacking wise at all so it was vital that we didn't give them any away goals though. Next weeks gonna be a step up however and we have to limit their chances from set pieces. Crazy to think if we get a score draw we're in the champions league final, easier said than done however!

Worried that Aguero is about to disappear again. He wasn't even bothering to make a token effort at some of the balls played up to him, just allowing the defender to win it unchallenged & play it where he wanted. Had that been Dzeko he would be hung.

Not like Sergio that. Usually means he's about to collapse.

He's been this way for a number of games , I have mentioned recently he wanders around like Yaya , as if he's in permanent pain or something.
The lack of effort in challenging for high balls,especially,is weird.

Before the match I would've said 0-0 was a shit result but in reality we could easily have lost 2-0 and be out of it by now. We created fuck all after Silva went off and needed a Yaya or Nasri to fill his role so actually 0=0 is a handy and quite lucky result. Still in with a shout next week but I would put money on Madrid getting a penalty or a red card against us. We live in hope and need a really profrssional ffort from the team. Toure will need to be shoehorned in somewhere.

Nothing to do with the media mate, thats what I meant by Zidane running the team. These are players or ex players, Pellegrini included. Everyone knows about hammy injuries. You get one, youre out. Its no state secret, and no media or mind games needed

I doubt Pellegrini knew for sure early today Ronaldo was out and Benzama was to start.

Milan were cautious and we did not have enough in our midfield to break them down....especially after Silva went off

But what we did do superbly throughout was close them down. Keeping Real Madrid down to one or two chances when you're trying to win a game is impressive

We've let teams walk all over us in the Premiership, but no one has done that to us in the Champions League

Milan?

We needed your mate Toure in there!! (Joke)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.