City v Real Madrid post match

He's been this way for a number of games , I have mentioned recently he wanders around like Yaya , as if he's in permanent pain or something.
The lack of effort in challenging for high balls,especially,is weird.

He was terrible for it against newcastle the other week. Compare that to PSG at home when he had fire in his belly. You could see early on tonight it was gonna be one of those meh performances from Aguero with the pace he was playing the game and the way he was going about things, unfortunately (and for whatever reason)

I dont doubt for a second that he knew Ronaldo was out. apart from the fact that it was knowledge he had a hamstring injury, he has been limping like Kaiser Sose
He must have suspected that both Ronaldo and Benzema would be out or under par as both had muscle injuries which you don't recover from that quickly

Zidane said a bit more after the game

"Ronaldo felt something at training yesterday. We did not want to take any risks. And he was not comfortable. That is all. Now we will go day to day with him, and try and get him back as soon as possible. That is the idea. We will look to everything well, and I hope to have him back for the return. In the end, he felt something, and it is a pity as he wanted to play, and in the end his issue was there again. That is why we took him off at the break. We will have to see what happens with Karim."

I'm worried as it is evident that he lost lot of his pace and that was his big advantage. It's pretty rare to see him run by the players anymore, he losses the ball most of the times when he tries too.
He was poor tonight but there's been plenty of evidence of his pace/strength and control in recent weeks.
I

He was terrible for it against newcastle the other week. Compare that to PSG at home when he had fire in his belly. You could see early on tonight it was gonna be one of those meh performances from Aguero with the pace he was playing the game and the way he was going about things, unfortunately (and for whatever reason)
I think he may have got injured early on and carried on,he was not right tonight fior some reason..

Real Madrid at home in the CL this season: scored 18, conceded 0! But they haven't faced a striker of Wilfried Bony's ilk before, to be fair.

I'm worried as it is evident that he lost lot of his pace and that was his big advantage. It's pretty rare to see him run by the players anymore, he losses the ball most of the times when he tries too.
This is the most worrying thing of all. He's losing pace before our very eyes! Hopefully he won't play a single second against Southampton.

With Silva out for the return then it has to be Yaya in the team,has he got another big game in him? For me he has and let's be honest without Nasri in the squad we have little choice- we have nobody else to link the midfield with the attack.

Just back. More than happy with that. Disciplined, controlled and determined performance. Special performances by Navas, Clichy and Otamenidi. Nacho did OK and got valuable experience.
Set up nicely for next week.
Thought Kun worked his socks off - don't know what people watch.
Well done Pelle.

Saw Aguero holding his knee after about 10 minutes, not sure if there's anything in it.

In the second half it looked like they had 14 men on the field.
Silva could have played a better ball to put Aguero in after 10 minutes, Sergio's shot at he start of the second half could have dipped a foot lower, KDB's free-kick at the end was an inch away But that was it. For the second leg they have Ronaldo to come back and City have YaYa - that's 90 minutes of talent vs 20.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.