City v Real Madrid post match

Happy with clean sheet on the end, they were much closer to nick it.

We missed the chance though with Ronaldo and Benzema out. It's going to be a tough job in Madrid, to be fair, they're much better side.

Top refereeing by Turk, one of the best I've seen.

That guy puts up a display that shows how bloody 'poor' the PL refs are. He seemed to adopt a different approach in the second half. My only criticism is why he didn't book the two diving bastards from Real Chorizo!

This is the most worrying thing of all. He's losing pace before our very eyes! Hopefully he won't play a single second against Southampton.
What he has got is agility and pace over 2 or 3 metres and a very low centre of gravity. He's never been a whippet like Navas

He's scoring goals at an incredible rate in the Premiership despite playing in front of a team that has struggled so the idea he is deteriorating is highly questionable

We were up against a good team, who were prioritising not conceding and who were very concentrated and we lost Silva who was the man charged with supplying the forwards. He was early on when we were on top

Just home.
It was a cagey affair with Real often dropping back and compressing the game.
I thought first half we were very comfortable but seemed in the second to withdraw - couldn't tell if we were knackered or lost a bit of confidence.
I think we lost a threat when KdB moved onto the flank - Nacho tried hard but didn't offer the same oomph.

Thought Madrid gave us a lot of respect.
I would love to see Toni Kroos in a City shirt - in the second half he just bossed the game effortlessly; just imagine what he could do for us.

And even though I hate much of what he does I thought Pepe was excellent tonight - he's a niggly dirty bastard but he's a top defender.

Played well until Silva went off. Iheanacho neither worked hard defensively and left us outnumbered in midfield (might be more Pellegrini's fault) nor found space to be passed to like he usually does.

But still played fairly well. Nobody had a bad game. Just thought we lost all our shape when Silva went off.

Just got home and delighted with the clean sheet.

Otamendi my MotM with the two Ferns not far behind and other top performances, most notably VK, Clichy and Navas.

It's a shame we couldn't have nicked a goal, but overall a good job done.

Cartilage and ligaments probably

ba_dum_tss_pirates_band_of_misfits.gif

Played well until Silva went off. Iheanacho neither worked hard defensively and left us outnumbered in midfield (might be more Pellegrini's fault) nor found space to be passed to like he usually does.

But still played fairly well. Nobody had a bad game. Just thought we lost all our shape when Silva went off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.