City v Real Madrid post match

Just home.
It was a cagey affair with Real often dropping back and compressing the game.
I thought first half we were very comfortable but seemed in the second to withdraw - couldn't tell if we were knackered or lost a bit of confidence.
I think we lost a threat when KdB moved onto the flank - Nacho tried hard but didn't offer the same oomph.

Thought Madrid gave us a lot of respect.
I would love to see Toni Kroos in a City shirt - in the second half he just bossed the game effortlessly; just imagine what he could do for us.

And even though I hate much of what he does I thought Pepe was excellent tonight - he's a niggly dirty bastard but he's a top defender.
Agree with most of that although I'm not sure Kroos was that much better than what we had. We lost a bit when Silva went off. There weren't many options for Pellegrini.

Real Madrid were in control but they didn't threaten anything like as much as I expected.

They got beat up at Wolfsburg (after conceding an early pen - a bit dodgy) and then totally battered Wolfsburg at the Bernabeu. I think they may have been very cautious because they didn't want to risk another defeat especially without Ronaldo and Benzema

Stuff the negativity! Does anybody really think that Zidane would have preferred to take his team back to their ground with the fear of an away goal/s? Really? We achieved something tonight - let's start giving our team some credit for fucks sake. Yes, a goal scored at home would have been nice, but given the outcome there should be no doubt that this result was far from the one preferred by Madrid.

Stuff the negativity! Does anybody really think that Zidane would have preferred to take his team back to their ground with the fear of an away goal/s? Really? We achieved something tonight - let's start giving our team some credit for fucks sake. Yes, a goal scored at home would have been nice, but given the outcome there should be no doubt that this result was far from the one preferred by Madrid.
They will be the happier club tonight but the result is not decisive

Indeed the longer the game goes without a goal at the Bernabeu in the 2nd leg the more nervous they will become. They will have less time to get 2 back if we score 1. Every City attack will scare them to death

This was always going to be a cagey game. We need to do the same again. On no account must we play Toure. Any chance we have depends on us being ultra competitive and closing down every player.

Strange seeing KDB get the ball in dangerous positions and all Sergio was doing was dropping deep instead of breaking into space between the centre halves. Really frustrating to watch, reckon it's coached out of him?

I thought they were slightly the better team on the night but didn't do enough to deserve the win. I would have, obviously, liked the win but the main thing is we're still in the tie for the second leg. We're underdogs but could be very, very dangerous on the counter attack. I think we need to score first over there. With no away goal tonight that could really panic them. All still to play for.

Without doubt,having watched the Blues since 1964/65, this was well within the top 5 games I wish I`d never been to.Fucking abysmal from both teams.
Outstanding defending from both teams. Might not have been exciting for neutrals but still lots of quality in that game even if it was defenders who came out on top

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.