City v Real Madrid post match

Without doubt,having watched the Blues since 1964/65, this was well within the top 5 games I wish I`d never been to.Fucking abysmal from both teams.
See,i didn't think so,not even remotely.Although we had little end product I thought our effort was immense,we played as a team and we scrapped to exhaustion.With the exception of Aguero,who must have been unfit,every player was at least an 8/10 with a couple of 9's IMO.

I was proud of the boys tonight.It was a good result which sets up next week superbly

I think he may have got injured early on and carried on,he was not right tonight fior some reason..
He had a good old chat with the physio/doctor when he came on for David's injury. He was talking more with Aguero than he was David and he was pointing to somewhere on the pitch

Without doubt,having watched the Blues since 1964/65, this was well within the top 5 games I wish I`d never been to.Fucking abysmal from both teams.
In the context of the tie and the opposition I thought we were excellent tonight. Defensively solid and hard working in mifdfield and ok we didn't create much going forward but a clean sheet had to be the priority. Great chance to go through next week, what's not to like?

Did anyone mention the way Real were moving side to side as a block without the ball ?

Like one of Mancini's training sessions. Much more Italy than Spain imo.

I think Zidane was hoping Pellegrini would do his usual Premier League routine & they would just block us then catch us on the break, like everyone else, but with no old Yaya hole & the two Ferns playing out of their skins & winning everythiing in midfield, he realised they were going to miss out on an away goal & they pushed forward more, almost got the goal but we almost caught them on the break. It's too much to ask that we actually change the formation to get a result, but Real may play into our hands anyhow.

He played a solid 4-1-4-1 system at Barca recently & imo dicked them tactically, it could have been more. I thought today Real showed us a lot of respect & were very cagey, as if tgey were playing a Barca level team. But at home next week ? Surely Real fans expect at least that Bale Benzema & Ronaldo will play as an all out attacking 3 ?

Perhaps Zidane is a big enough character to resist that, & try to grind out a win but I expect not. That means even with our dead obvious limited tactical system, if we sit solid & counter attack, witb players like KDB with a bit more space to run into, there should be a lot more opportunity for us to break & create than today, really a lot more.

I recon Real really wanted an away goal & are not that comfortable about this situation.

In the context of the tie and the opposition I thought we were excellent tonight. Defensively solid and hard working in mifdfield and ok we didn't create much going forward but a clean sheet had to be the priority. Great chance to go through next week, what's not to like?
Do you honestly believe that based on tonights performance we can progress ?Sorry but not for me and I thought RM were piss poor but we offered nothing up front nor in mid field.

Do you honestly believe that based on tonights performance we can progress ?Sorry but not for me and I thought RM were piss poor but we offered nothing up front nor in mid field.
Yes or I wouldn't have said so. The two Ferns were outstanding in the middle, have you been reading the MUEN again? ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.