City V Southampton post match discussion

pudge said:
taconinja said:
pudge said:
22/29 passing.

His overall performance in my opinion was poor, I remember in the first half Nasri (I think?) pulled it back to him in the box and he almost feel over after his first touch. Then at the end when we were running down the clock he decided to go on a solo run and lost the ball.

I know that's just two examples but he just looks clumsy all the time, but his goal scoring record is more than impressive. I always want him to do well (contrary to popular belief on here)

There was also a chance when Yaya tried to play it into Mario and it took a deflection and rolled right into the path of Edin in the box, but he was too busy moaning at Yaya for not passing it to him the first time he reacted too slow.

He's perfect to bring off the bench, which even though he played 75 minutes, he did today. Not many, if any, 4th choice strikers have his goal scoring record so we are lucky to have him. Yet, I would rather Mario take Aguero's place for whatever time he's out because I feel he offers more, he was filling in at left back sometimes yesterday.
Zabaleta also dribbled the ball straight down into their territory and lost it instead of holding it better. Honestly at this point I think we've conditioned ourselves to certain expectations from certain players and sometimes it's fair. Sometimes though it isn't. I'll use the example of my view on Rodwell. I think he's overrated, straightforward, and has serious lapses that lead to severe errors that lead to opposition goals. I've re-watched today's match to pay particular attention to what he did well and I feel that I was a bit harsh. Only a bit though. Hopefully he'll improve. I won't hold my breath though. That's the thing in the end. We have to trust the club and the manager to get it right as they've earned it.

Let's hope we thump the scousers.
A few too many players had poor games and shocking moments. The question was asked of Dzeko so I'm not singling him out.

But it was the first game and we won, 3 points are all that matter. We'll improve and push on.
Sorry didn't mean to say you were. More of a general comment after a match where I imagine most of us thought it would be much easier. And honestly it should have been but the team on the pitch made it harder on themselves than it should have been, but they showed spirit and grit. Not for one second did they lose belief. That's a positive at least.

Be nice at the next home game if the opposition have a shot that does not end up in the net.

oddjob said:
first post,
been a city supporter for over 45 years ,and i'm just thinking can i go through another 30 odd weeks of this torcher ,you fucking bet i can.
oddjob
Welcome aboard, friend. Your input will be happily recieved inbetween the crap which is posted 70% of the time. Don't let that put you off though :)

Think people are being far to critical of Dzeko. The chance which fell to him after the Nasri dribble, was extremely difficult, it almost fell to him unexpectedly. Before his goal he looked a little shakey, but after he looked very dangerous. Its very clear that he is a massive confidence player, who plays well if he is feeling good.

My question is more for Mancini. Yeah, certain players didn't perform, but I blame the soft performance mostly on Mancini. 4-4-2 are you kidding me? Played most of last year with 4-2-3-1, all pre-season with 3-5-2, and then he comes in on the first game and sets up the squad's least effective formation? He pulled that crap last season and almost every time it resulted in a draw or loss. When I saw the setup before kickoff I told my wife its going to be a grumpy day for me.

This current squad has always played like shit in that formation. Silva out wide is just a waste. I'm not a professional tactician, but simply looking at how the players react to certain tactics, its clear that 4-4-2 is terrible for them. Its used for wingers and generally crossing the ball... but the small men were up front. I just don't get it.

dzeko = scores goal, slated.
silva = dreadful penalty, misses another sitter, poor passing all game, not slated.

clichy nasri and tevez were the only ones who had "good" games. why does dzeko get by far the most stick

andrewmswift said:
silva = dreadful penalty, misses another sitter, poor passing all game, not slated.

clichy nasri and tevez were the only ones who had "good" games. why does dzeko get by far the most stick
Hmmmmm, the players who played poorly have been called out and criticised, Dzeko just has the usual people saying "why is he being criticised?" which sparks a debate/conversation which in turn gets highlighted by saying the above, which sparks more debate and conversation like this post.

Even at 1-2 down, I was still confident of a win. Too many goal-scoring opportunities wasted though.

pudge said:
andrewmswift said:

Hmmmmm, the players who played poorly have been called out and criticised, Dzeko just has the usual people saying "why is he being criticised?" which sparks a debate/conversation which in turn gets highlighted by saying the above, which sparks more debate and conversation like this post.

fair enough. just feel for the lad sometimes

yeah we didn't play that well and some players had really poor performances but did nobody watch liverpool at west brom. they were a lot worse in defence and got well hammered. not gonna look but can imagine what their fans site is like. if silva plays he cannot be as poor as today and can see us winning there not problem.then everything will be ok.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.