City V Southampton post match discussion

SuperKevinHorlock said:
Sorry if already posted but what happened to the corner we were given before there second goal? (think it was there second)

From where I was it looked like Webb changed his mind after watching the TV replay?

I could be well off mark with this.

i`m sure that was the reason mate

r.soleofsalford said:
SuperKevinHorlock said:
Sorry if already posted but what happened to the corner we were given before there second goal? (think it was there second)

From where I was it looked like Webb changed his mind after watching the TV replay?

I could be well off mark with this.

i`m sure that was the reason mate

I thought they showed the replay after he changed his mind.

JBG said:
Train said:
I thought dzeko had a good game. He held the ball up well and most of all scored an important goal.

This. The entire team played a little below par but I'll chalk that up to a mediocre preseason (non-existent preseason for Silva, Dzeko, et al.). A few easy goals were lost because of this. I think Kolarov deserved a start. Nasri was easily MOTM, decent performances by Yaya, Edin, and Zabs. Others will hopefully improve as they start to get back in the rhythm of things (I'm looking at you, defenders!).

I hope Aguero is OK. Big game coming up.

What people fail to see occassionaly are "small" things he does so well - that create space for OTHERS.

Case in point - Tevez chance from inside the box in the first half (not so strong of a shot though). Instant replay showed Dzeko pulling away TWO defenders by making a fake run to the right, leaving Tevez with a straight lane towards the goal. Even the pundits praised Dzeko's move.
He has dosen of these a game, watch closely. His movement yesterday was outstanding.

He is a big mother*ucker whose physical presence sometimes just requires attention...which in turn creates space for some other players...he is completely opposite from other forwards we have (apart from Balo, who might be similar)...and that's where his usefulness comes from.

The only aspect of the game that bothered me was the last 10 mins after we went 3-2 up. We lost control and were suddenly all over the place. I haven't seen us like that for a long time. Maybe just tiredness, and Saints gambling by pushing all players forward?

I can accept rustiness in the opening game, and with a bit of composure in fronmt of goal we could easily have scored 6 or 7

Marvin said:
The only aspect of the game that bothered me was the last 10 mins after we went 3-2 up. We lost control and were suddenly all over the place. I haven't seen us like that for a long time. Maybe just tiredness, and Saints gambling by pushing all players forward?

I can accept rustiness in the opening game, and with a bit of composure in fronmt of goal we could easily have scored 6 or 7

I think fitness,or lack of it,was showing in a few players.Down mostly to the poor pre season we have had this year with it being disjointed for many of the team. Last year's pre season was perfect and we got the perfect start.

All will be well

Blimey - there's a few precious drama queens on here aren't there??

Can't understand the argument though that a new poster has to be a new, glory-hunting fan, a rag or a halfwit.

I praised the club earlier, the fact we picked up the win but mentioned I thought Dzeko wasn't for us - let's allow free speech to continue unhindered without the idiocy of labelling everyone who expresses an opinion different to one we hold.

* Low number of posts, high number of games since 1972

Just bear in mind that for the last 12 months there has been a running debate on here that has been pretty heated sometimes between those who think Dzeko isn't good enough for the squad, and those who think people criticise him unfairly even when others don't contribute.

If you are new on here, you probably wouldn't know that, but you are caught in the middle of it and it's a sensitive issue for many. As long as you are balanced and not over-reactionary, you won't have anything to worry about.

Half-wit, glory hunting Rag!

BlueBradders said:

Can't understand the argument though that a new poster has to be a new, glory-hunting fan, a rag or a halfwit.

I praised the club earlier, the fact we picked up the win but mentioned I thought Dzeko wasn't for us - let's allow free speech to continue unhindered without the idiocy of labelling everyone who expresses an opinion different to one we hold.

BlueBradders said:

Well said.

Except for drama queens, natch. They can all fuck off.

:)

ABU inc GDR said:
black mamba said:
Lazy player or not , you leave Dzeko in the side for 38 league games this season and he'll probably bag you 20 goals ..... that's the long and short of it , and that's probably what we'll miss if we get shut of him !

You've obvious;y never played football to any decent standard. Dzeko is our 4th choice striker and he's not lived up to expectation. No way is he worth 27mill that we paid for him, he has no fisrt touch and he is bobbins in the air.

It really does hurt me to say this but I'm sick of seeing his pathetic efforts on the pitch. You mark my words he will be sold next summer for 15 mill if were lucky and will never eclipse his performances for us!

-- Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:49 pm --

taconinja said:
ABU inc GDR said:
Are you fuckin deluded, nobody passes to him in the team beacuse he's useless, when we sell him next year we'll be lucky to get 15mill for him.
You are tedious.

Take your head out of the sand a smell the shit FFS! He's a fuckin donkey!

The manager decides which player is a "donkey". And since you are not the manager, you cant "guarantee" that he will sold.

I haven't seen the match live so before I downloaded the match I came on here and read the matchday thread...I thought all hell broke loose reading some of the comments...I thought S'ton dominated every aspect of the match and city players were all over the place...

Dzeko knockers were out in force all over again, silva was trash, as was everyone else, rodwell should never start again...but then I remembered, it's a matchday thread :)

In my humble opinion the only bad thing was the last few minutes after city went 3:2 up...I don't know if it was fitness or something but I blame it on early season...things will get better.

It was a good display by the team, playing at 80% it was really good to see...

And Dzeko, after coming on for Aguero ( I hope he is ok, for the sake of the league and it's viewers, and all you city fans) did really well, there wasn't much of his usual bad ball control, he kept it well, had that miss when Nasri put it on the plate for him, but he corrected that with a goal, and when he got the balls in he looked in control and dangerous...

Tevez was good, faded a bit in the end but then again I think it's just the fitness level...it will get better.

And Rodwell, he had a good match, yes he made that mistake that led to the second goal, but he played really well...

So after watching the match I was reminded again that, there is no point in reading the matchday thread unless city is winning by 5, even then it can be bad for your eyes...

anyway, good match, nice win...congrats...had the likes of Silva, Dzeko and Balotelli been a bit more sharper this could have been a lot different..a 4:1 or a 6:2

I hope we beat the rags tonight so we keep developing the friendly atmosphere that's been developing recently :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.