City V Southampton post match discussion

Train said:
I thought dzeko had a good game. He held the ball up well and most of all scored an important goal.

This. The entire team played a little below par but I'll chalk that up to a mediocre preseason (non-existent preseason for Silva, Dzeko, et al.). A few easy goals were lost because of this. I think Kolarov deserved a start. Nasri was easily MOTM, decent performances by Yaya, Edin, and Zabs. Others will hopefully improve as they start to get back in the rhythm of things (I'm looking at you, defenders!).

I hope Aguero is OK. Big game coming up.

Typical shaky start to the season game. Good to get off with a win though it's not always easy to beat the newly promoted teams. Hope we test the 3-5-2 out at some point during the game against the L'pool. They were utterly hopeless against WBA I know they've got the home advantage, but they awful at converting their chances last season at Anfield. With arguably their best, most in-form player out for the game in Agger this would be the first time I'd be genuinely disappointed with anything less than a win.

Samir played a gem of a game, Silva had a mare, we WON and Aguero's injury doesn't look to be too serious (I sincerely hope it isn't).

As Mancini said many times, we really need to be more clinical in front of goal. We should have put that one away within first 35 minutes.

What worries me is that at one point in 2nd half we had 81% possession and were down a goal. Does our tiki-taka playing style put our defense to sleep as well? If so, Mancini needs to kick some ass. Soton looked dangerous on every counterattack, in great part due to our disorganized back line.

mancyman said:
yeah we didn't play that well and some players had really poor performances but did nobody watch liverpool at west brom. they were a lot worse in defence and got well hammered. not gonna look but can imagine what their fans site is like. if silva plays he cannot be as poor as today and can see us winning there not problem.then everything will be ok.

Yes, which is why I can't wait for us to play the scousers.

We were below par, we lost our best player early, the ref changed his mind on a corner after watching the replay and our new signing dropped a clanger

we still should have won it by eight goals.

Chill. We will be champions again.

Rusty yesterday - but a win is a win - hope Sergio isn't out for long - and to win without playing well is a good sign

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.