City V Southampton post match discussion

Nervy game. Well-taken goals for both teams. Thought Nasri deserved his goal, as he had a great game. Hope to God that Aguero gets back soon. As for the rag prick in the pub who cheered when he got injured, you need to start growing up, son. Muppet.

Personally i think Yaya was played a little too deep today and Yaya loves going forward so that left us open for the 2nd goal . Rodwell was good today , he gave great long passes unfortunately he made a rookie mistake . Thank God for Nasri's form . Hope Silva gets better as the season progresses.

Re: Congratulations Southampton

Well played, hope they're able to maintain that form against others.

Cobwebcat said:
Glad that's done. First couple of games are like cup finals...tell you nothing..you just have to win.

All about Aguero now. Let's hope the guess of not too bad is right.

I am not an expert but the fact he put weight on it may say it is not too bad, let's hope so.

Have said 100 times to my overconfident city-fan mates recently that it's going to be a hard hard season - we cannot approach any game (as players or fans) expecting to win. Last season is over, and we only just won that. Having said all this, they did well to fight back today. We will need lots more of that spirit

We have to learn how to defend against these sort of teams who soak up the pressure with 11 behind the ball then break quickly in numbers,lots more teams will play like this agains us this season.It would help though if we took our chances but credit to the boys again for winning but maybe if we go behind too many times the 3 points will not be coming home

just got in from match.....was a bit of a nail biter the second half....we made hard work of it

i was really surprised that southampton managed that work rate for 90mins....credit where credit is due tbf

LittleStan said:
themadinventor said:
First game rusty and with a new player in the team, I'd rather start like that and get better as the season goes on than start on fire and fade away, 3 points , happy.

I agree, didn't we struggle against Swansea as well on the first game last year? I know we won well but a lot of people were saying we should have done better.

Just because Southampton are newly promoted does not mean they are shit and winning when not playing well is a sign of champions.

Against Swansea we were happy for them to have the majority of possession because it was at the half way line. Conceding two goals against a team on the back of a successive promotion is frankly unforgivable.

There is a stark difference between this side and some title winning sides of the past. Some teams would come out of games against the really good sides and know they didn't have a chance to win at any point. We give teams way, way too many chances to get something from games. We did it a downright stupid amount last season. It's good for entertainment but it's useless for our blood pressure.

We need to get our heads in the game and tighten it the hell up. Hopefully this is just the blip where anyone thinking this would be easy has been well and truly knocked out of them. Mancini will be rightly furious after that debacle.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.