City v Southampton pre match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to 'the media' City are supposed to have the strongest squad in the Prem. We should , therefore play a team that does not include any that played Real the other night.
I too would go for -Willy , Zab , ?CH , Mangers ,Kolorov , Delph , Nasri ,Yaya , Manu Garcia , Kelechi (he can be sub again against Real) , Bony.
?CH = the young lad who played against Chelsea (in the FA Cup) - can't spell his name Adibiaro ?.......
I am sure I have missed someone out - from our Senior squad.

Hart

Zab
Otamendi
Mangala
Kolarov

Fernandinho
Ya ya
Delph

Kdb
Nasri if fit tiny tot if not
Serge

Only hart and serge played in both last two matches so serge first to be subbed if possible but needed for goal threat.

This is still a fairly strong team whilst allowing for rests. Leaving us to choose our first 11 for last three (hopefully 4) matches.

I feel 4 3 3 suits our current players/situation best. Especially without silva as it keeps ya ya and kdb in central areas whilst still having the solidity of two holders. We can allow ya ya and/or full backs to sit or attack depending on opponent/situation.

Let's get 4th place assured then rest players for the last game - if it's not and we have to win the last game then they all should be up for it irrespective of fitness. If they're not then we don't deserve it.

Rest players after the job is done! If it gets done. IF we find ourselves 2-3 goals ahead then bring off the likes of aguero, KDB and Vinny, until then, strong team.

We are not good enough to field anything but the best XI here.
But they are not fit enough to be able to play Real, Saints, Real. In just game 1 of those 3, half our team looked dead on their feet. They simply can't play Southampton and then perform at Real. There should be at least 6 changes, maybe 7

This is a tricky one - we have to think that gaining that top four spot is more attainable than winning the champions league - I do believe that we have a strong enough squad to rotate and still win.

Hart
Zaba Ota Manga Kolarov
Sterling Yaya Delph Nasri
M Garcia
Bony

I doubt Pelle will rest that many players - but both ferns need a rest, KDB and Aguero didnt look sharp on tuesday and they could do with a rest. Kelechi looks like he could be ahead of Bony now (finally pelle has seen it) it is a weak team - but by putting some of these players in it will keep us sharp. Hopefully Yaya and nasri will get us through the game.

I would expect Pelle to go more like

Hart
Zaba Ota Manga Kola
Navas Fernando Delph Nasri
Yaya
Bony

Not sure whihc one is better though..... He has to rest VK again - hopefully otta can make it through two games otherwise we are looking at MDM :-(

Willy, Zab, Ota, Mangler, Kol, Raheem, Navas, Fern1, Fern2, Ian, Bony

Or bring in Nasri or Yaya if fit.

The good thing is that if we lose we can still go back above Arsenal by beating them next week regardless of how they do. Time for a calculated gamble..?
No Hart? Are you mental

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.