City v Southampton pre match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot will depend on nasri and yaya being fit for this one.
Keeper and defence will pick itself.....

Hart
Zaba Nico Manga Kolarov

Fernando yaya

Navas Nasri Sterling

Bony/nacho

He's not going to risk kdb and after seeing kun Tuesday night might b tempted to throw bony in.

Me personally would start strong here, get a result and take all the pressure off against Arsenal next week.

Tough one to call

Strongest team possible, not ideal but I feel it's a must win. If Wednesday ends in defeat, morale won't be great going into that Arsenal game especially if we don't win Sunday.

You're so worried about United catching us that you're willing to jeopardise our chance at a Champions League final. Wow.

Rest Aguero, De Bruyne, Fernandinho and the whole back 5.
Why rest Hart for fucks sake?

Have you ever seen keepers training? They do 100x as much work as they do in any game.

Last edited:
Can see a struggle on the cards here just hope Leicester secure the title with victory at the swamp before hand so we can keep that 5 point gap. Feel Pellers will rest a few players but we'll still line up strong.

Hart

Zaba Managala Otamendi Kolarov

Fernando Delph

Navas Yaya Nasri

Aguero

Feel Aguero will want that Golden boot although imo I would rest him can't see Pellers doing it. Gunna go and hope for a draw although win and rags lose top 4 for me is done and dusted.

No Hart? Are you mental
Lets just deal with facts not opinions. There are at least 4 or 5 players who will not be physically up to performing at the level required on Sunday because of recent exertions. To play them would paradoxically weaken the side and reduce the chances of winning or drawing against Southampton. They would then be absolutely useless in Madrid next Wednesday. The harsh reality is that we are between that rock and a hard place and have limited choices.Playing our strongest team is not the best approach as a rotated side is just as or even more likely to get something from the game. It also means that we have a better chance against Madrid. It is far from ideal I know but we have to get on with it.

Lets just deal with facts not opinions. There are at least 4 or 5 players who will not be physically up to performing at the level required on Sunday because of recent exertions. To play them would paradoxically weaken the side and reduce the chances of winning or drawing against Southampton. They would then be absolutely useless in Madrid next Wednesday. The harsh reality is that we are between that rock and a hard place and have limited choices.Playing our strongest team is not the best approach as a rotated side is just as or even more likely to get something from the game. It also means that we have a better chance against Madrid. It is far from ideal I know but we have to get on with it.
Yes but Hart?

I doubt there's much chance of Hart not playing. Pointless resting a keeper. The defence will probably have three changes with Zab AK and Mangala coming in. Midfield, KdB Dinho and Navas most most likely rested for Sterling Delph Nasri/Yaya if fit. Upfront Sergio definitely rested for Bony/Kelechi.

Disgrace that this match is on Sunday IMO, possibly the manager would have made one or two less changes had it been on Saturday. As it is I expect wholesale changes and difficult to see us getting away with it away at a very decent team. Personally I'd rather he just rested a maximum of three or four key players but difficult to blame the manager if he does field a complete second string under the circumstances. We desperately need Leicester to get something at the shit tip.

Why rest Hart for fucks sake?

Have you ever seen keepers training? They do 100x as much work as they do in any game.
Does resting him on Sunday reduce the risk of him being injured and unavailable for Wednesday? Even just by 0.01%?

Yes it does. So I'd rest him.

In an ideal world our team selection would depend on the Rags result against Leicester , if they fail to get 3 pts , we can afford a draw or defeat at Southampton and still comfortably secure a top 4 spot , as we will still only need 4 pts from the goons and swansea games . But if the rags win , we will have to go for the 3pts at Southampton ,which will mean likes of sagna,clichy,vinny,dinho,kdb,aguero will all have to play. A top 4 finish is every bit as important as Wednesday's semi-final.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.