City v Southampton pre match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hart
Zabaleta Otamendi Mangala Kolarov
Fernando Delph
Navas De Bruyne Nasri
Aguero​

Need Navas' and Nasri's ball retention if Delph plays imo - and Fernandinho could do with a rest more than anyone considering the work he does.

Aguero and KDB need to start too for the counter attack to work. Hopefully we can get a decent lead and bring them off.

I'd rather start KDB two times in four days than Aguero

kdb didn't play at all against stoke so i think he can play 70 minutes or so against southampton and again in madrid.

sergio looks like he maybe needs a game off as he has been playing every three days or so for a long time now.

Hart
Zabaleta Otamendi Mangala Kolarov
Fernando Delph
Navas De Bruyne Nasri
Aguero​

Need Navas' and Nasri's ball retention if Delph plays imo - and Fernandinho could do with a rest more than anyone considering the work he does.

Aguero and KDB need to start too for the counter attack to work. Hopefully we can get a decent lead and bring them off.
Southampton are too good a team to expect to get a decent lead against away, If Aguero starts I think he would play most of the game.

I don't think Kompany will play twice a week for us too many times in the future. But if he does its more likely to be RM and Arsenal rather than Southampton and RM. I can't see him playing RM-Southampton-RM-Arsenal. 4 games in under a fortnight. I expect he'll spend the weekend in Manchester working on his fitness.
You may be right. This is not my prediction but what I want. I am very much in the this is a priority game camp.

Rotation , rotation , rotation , all change for the Saints game , if we are serious about giving Real a game on Wednesday ,we have only got one shot at making the champs league final , we do not want any more injuries , CABELLERO ,- ZABS , MANGALA , MDM , KOLAROV - STERLING , GARCIA , DELPH , NEMANE - IHEANACHO , BONY , that is still an expensively assembled team with 9 internatonals , and we will still have a chance to beat the goons and swansea to get 4th spot.

I agree with the rotation required bit, but then we parted ways in our thinking :)

Southampton are too good a team to expect to get a decent lead against away, If Aguero starts I think he would play most of the game.

We beat them 3-0 at theirs last season. I'm expecting a tough game but if we can get a 2-0 with half an hour to go Aguero could come off.
They will come at us so with the right team we can slice through them on the counter.

We've left ourselves no choice but to risk it anyway. Top 4 is a must.

Our last few games will need pressing from the front and we can't do that with the same players playing every 3 days.
We don't play every three days now though, we've had 5 days since the last game, then we have 3, then 4, then 7, and if required then 13. If we can't cope with playing strong sides through that period we never will. This game should have been moved by the PL, so as not to give an advantage to Real in the second leg, so its inevitable we'll mix and match this weekend, but there should be no reason to mess after that.

We should pick a team that keeps it tight on Sunday, we have the players, and hope we can sneak a win, but take a draw at minimum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.